or Connect

Posts by fkl118

It is that bad. You might try the Harry Rosen outlet for A-E's but they're still pricey.
Quote: Originally Posted by rabbimark The interior is entirely Hello Kitty. This is true. I have flown on this plane. The food was horrible and the seats cramped, but the experience was well worth the ticket price.
I believe they're Alfred Sargents. It's a good deal for $89.
Wow, I thought this project died a long time ago. Weren't we voting on this 1 1/2 years ago?! It looks nice. I'll have to get one. Are they in stock now or are they being made?
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 Anyone know who the maker is? C&J benchgrades...? I believe it's Alfred Sargent.
Too bad. I haven't seen a good working ebay coupon for a long time.
The William is double-soled while the Wallace is single. The auction item is, in fact, the Wallace.
I don't know about cleaning peccary, but Lexol does work well as a conditioner. When you first apply it, it will appear blotchy and you'll think "What have I done?!" But it will absorb in and even out. BTW, Lexol will darken the leather.
I think it requires more specialized equipment, needles etc. I wanted sleeves on a leather jacket shortened, but my two regular tailors wouldn't touch it. I was refered to someone who specializes in leather alterations. I believe it costed $30, which is more than I would normally pay for a similar alteration on a wool jacket.
Be careful or you'll end up on the Jantzen "banned" list.