or Connect

Posts by hgcrpd

Didn't really have any problems with the trousers, it was just the jacket that I had no clue about.
Took the suit back and am having the following adjustments made: - shortening sleeves - lengthening jacket, especially in back, to balance it out - bringing in the lower chest area, near the armpits, a tiny bit - I noticed that there was some loose fabric there, and it could be brought in without a loss in comfort, resulting in much cleaner lines around the waist area. Should have it back next weekend and can see what it looks like then.
Quote: Originally Posted by dan'l OP, who took your measurements and did the fittings? It was the younger of the two, I think the older is the actual Peter Lee. I don't think it was really a question of them not knowing what to do with the details, more a matter of them not knowing what it was that I wanted and my not being able to communicate it to them. Slewfoot: I wasn't very attentive to the fabric. I told him just to give me...
How can you tell that the jacket is too short? When I checked for length, it goes right into the palm of my hand when I cup my hands, which is what I have heard as a rough guide for length. Same for the sleeves - should the cuff of the shirt be showing all the time? The low right shoulder is due to a slight angle in my stance in this photo. I do have a low shoulder, but it's actually my left shoulder (I used to carry a messenger pack, which was slung on my right...
Specifically, is it something about the tailoring of this suit jacket that makes it look blocky, or is it just my body shape? Past suits that I have worn have had more padded shoulders, I think, so this is my first experience with a jacket that shows the significant sloping that I have. Is this how it is supposed to look? Is it possible to get a slimmer look out of it? Just had this made from Baron Lee in Hong Kong. Overall I find the fit to be good and comfortable....