or Connect

Posts by Krawczak

CDC, those boots are Stacy Adams Madisons. And either they aren't particularly vintage, or they have changed nothing about them since the '70s. Regards, Alexander
If I had a pair of button boots, I would rock them so hard it would show up on seismographs. Particularly these http://www.rakuten.co.jp/otsuka/669573/669587/. Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Sorry for the rant, but... If I see a guy in a Men's Wearhouse suit, I think nothing of it. If I see button boots or red trimmed black shoes, I think what a freak, why would any sane person wear those. To me they show an ultimate lack of any sort of...
I have a pair in black. Qualitywise, you get what you pay for, bearing in mind that they can regularly be had for closer to $80 - at least at the shoe discount place in my town. However, stylingwise, they are very sharp. They get regular wear in my rotation, against far more expensive shoes. Of course, I have an unusual style. I say go for it. Alexander
Might you further support your favorite tailor and cobbler by sending them some business? Recommendations? Regards, Alexander Quote: Originally Posted by dibenetto why specifically italian??? italians charge two arms and legs because their costs is already one of each....... i pay around 25% of retail bespoke (entry level bespoke) by my guy who is not italian and i don't mind his nationality i pay around 15% of retail MTO shoes (fairly...
I've seen a lot of comments in this thread with descriptors like "affected", "costume", "trying too hard", etc. If I may, aren't we all wearing costumes? I don't mean in the overly philosophical sense, I mean in the same way that someone who wears All Vintage All The Time. How is it different to go out into a sea of cargo shorts and t-shirts wearing a bespoke three-piece, or even a tie and sportcoat? Even in situations where one has to wear a suit, anything not from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos If you look inside the pockets on the trousers you may find some words on the selvedge that might identify the cloth or cloth maker. Maybe even a label inside the pockets. A-hah! "MADE IN HUDDERSFIELD". Does that mean John G Hardy, or is "Made in Huddersfield" different than "HFW Huddersfield Ltd"? Alas, no label.
I got it at a thrift store - thanks to lurking on this forum, it jumped right out at me as the odd duck on the rack, so I had to take it home. Yes, only the last two buttonholes work - kind of a head-scratcher, but meh. Alas, the honeymoon is over, and I suddenly realize that for the amount of alteration that would be required to make it actually fit me, I could probably just have a new suit made. So, I think I'm going to try to find it a better home. It's a shame,...
So I have this suit. It doesn't have any tags of any kind, but it is clearly a very high-end custom suit of some sort. Fully canvassed, more pockets than would ever be on an OTR suit, working buttonholes, ticket pocket, peak lapels - generally a lot of features that, all in the same suit, scream "custom". Anyway, being as it lacks tags, including inside any of the 6 or 7 interior pockets, I'm lost as to where this thing came from. The only clue I can think of is that...
Sleeve garters, of course! They are stylish and practical - an extra bit of color that can really set off your tie and braces.
That is good news, thank you! I know they aren't bespoke Bestettis or anything, but I liked them a lot. I'm glad to know there's still hope. Regards, Alexander