or Connect

Posts by Krawczak

I'm a tobacconist. Racine & Laramie, in Old Town. I don't run the whole business, though - I just do pipes. Ask for me if you drop by, I'll give you the SF discount. Regards, Alexander
At our shop, there are commissions, but it doesn't really seem to be the motivating factor for the SA's for the most part. Overall, we have simply fostered a culture within the shop where the point is to provide assistance and espertise, and ensure that the customer has the best possible experience in the shop. The commissions tend to be viewed as a bonus for a job well done: if you make the customer comfortable, and represent the products well, they will buy something...
When people say "hips" in this context, do they mean the actual leg joints or the "points" of the pelvis? I've never really been quite clear on this. I want to call the pelvis the "hips", but it seems like a lot of people are actually referring to the joints. I like my pants to sit, if not at the actual natural waist, over the pelvis ears. It is the most secure position for them, and I think it is the most visually balanced. It seems like a lot of pants (jeans, etc.) want...
Yes, my arms are different lengths. My left shoulder is dropped a tiny bit, according to the tailor. It's always nagged at me, but I know that the only people who notice or care are myself and perfectionists on the internet. I suppose I could have fixed it on this suit, but I figured I'd probably blow the measurement and just make things worse. It's the dark grey flannel. I like it, it has an excellent hand and it's warm, but not too much for southern California. It seems...
I ordered my TaT suit earlier this month, and was probably the last order Jason sent out before he went on vacation. It was one of the best buying experiences I have had; Most of my emails were literally answered within minutes, and he was very responsive and more than happy to answer all my questions. After getting some pretty crack-smoking measurements from my local custom tailor (who is nonetheless a wonderful guy who does great work), I ended up arranging to just...
I think that when attempting more complex alterations, such as taking in a jacket, it's definitely a good idea to learn from a book, or someone who's done it before. I just did a little experimenting on my own with some straight pins, and it quickly became apparent that I wasn't going to end up with anything wearable just fumbling around on my own. Off to the library! Apparently, there are still some questions the internet can't answer adequately.
Man, how is it that the search function leaves so much to be desired, but the "similar threads" is so spot on? I spent like 15 minutes searching before I posted this. There's even one with the same title!!
Has anyone tried doing their own alterations at home, and is there any information, tips, techniques, available online online? I've looked all over the place, and I haven't found anything very informative. I've taken sleeves and hems up and down a bit, and even put darts in a dress shirt, nothing major. But I recently got a jacket at a thrift store (no-name brand, just liked the fabric and details) that I want to slim down a little bit. It's only half-lined, so I figure...
At this point, I'm reading SF purely in the hope that I'll see another shoe illustration. Thanks for giving me my fix, man.
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican If you are in your twenties, you should get a nice tweed that fits from a thrift store and wear that. Wear it with whatever you want... jeans, trousers, whatever. Make it your thing and you'll look great. And you won't have spent $500. +1 I don't know about your area, but around here the thrift stores are lousy with tweed. It's one of the reasons it's a staple of my wardrobe. In fact, I once...