or Connect

Posts by Krawczak

I've noticed a lot of comments here, in the Sartorialist comments, and just sort of generally around the style/fashion world calling pipes an affectation, which I don't quite understand. Perhaps it's because I'm a tobacconist, but to me, a pipe is just another way to enjoy tobacco. I've never heard anyone call smoking cigarettes an affectation, or even cigars. In a bar, do people scoff and make comments to each other when they see someone order a martini? Yes, the...
I'd rock it, with a different tie and less mooseknuckle. Although I might not have noticed the mooseknuckle if you guys hadn't been talking about it so much. Why are you looking so hard at his crotch?
We should organize to get more participants. Perhaps participants could advertise for the thread in their sigs? I think it would be the most fun for everybody involved if there were as many people participating as possible. Letting us buy more squares as the day approaches is a good compromise, but I would much rather just have more people get in on it.
I have a question: what happens if the grid doesn't get filled up by the time the game is played? Do those squares just get left blank, meaning nobody wins if they hit? I guess that's the logical answer. The only other option I can think of would be to distribute the unused squares among the guys who bought in, if you wanted to ensure that the prizes get distributed. I suppose it depends on how eager you are to give me an awesome tie
Quote: Originally Posted by jml90 Try the Pratt knot. +10 I came up with the Pratt-Shelbey myself, and was somewhat disappointed when I found that it was pre-existing. But it's almost all I wear. It is symmetrical without being cartoonishly huge. I can heartily recommend it.
You are all insane. The dandification of this forum has clearly ruined all of you. Brown shoes, waist suppression, pocket squares - these may all be written off as eccentric conceits. But black and brown? This is madness! You all need to stop before you hurt someone. The Rules are there for a reason, and it is to protect us. I pity and fear for he who flouts their ancient wisdom.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry what about these? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=522 Personally, I'm not a big fan of loafers (although those aren't bad). However, they are perfect for a tradly academic look - which may be exactly what you're going for. Bear in mind that they are very casual, so they would probably be a better choice for the beater "alternates" than for your "meeting with the dean" shoes.
What the heck, I'm in. It'll give me a reason to follow the game, and so not be ostracized by my macho buddies. I'll have to wear a pink pocket square or something to offset it, but it'll be worth it.
High five!
It should also be mentioned that not wearing the same pair of shoes every day will greatly increase their lifespan. Although I know you are on a budget, it might work out to save you money in the long run to get a couple pairs of shoes and alternate them. If you're really on a tight budget, maybe you could buy a fairly nice new pair for meetings and presentations, and a near-disposable thrift store pair to alternate? Regards, Alexander