or Connect

Posts by Krawczak

I suppose it's conceivable, but there would be a visible seam where it was. Why would you want to do such a thing? Ticket pockets are awesome. What size are you? If you're desperate to get rid of it, I'll take it off your hands, free of charge!
What the heck, I'll bite. Most quality suits these days are made of wool. However, based on the thickness of the fibers and the way that it is woven, the texture and wieght can range from light, silky worsteds and gabardines to heavier, woolier flannels, up through rougher tweeds (which can still be very soft, but hey) Generally, the lighter worsteds are more formal and businesslike, and the heavier woolens are more casual, although there are also questions of weather...
Even though I originally was arguing against buying, this is the point that one of my real life friends brought up to me. If it costs $100 to rent a tuxedo, and you REALLY plan on wearing one to each of these events (is it required or even suggested for all of them?), then from what you said, it will overall come to $800. Fuck that noise! It defeats the purpose of renting to save money. In my city, there's a place that sells used rental tuxedos. Now that I think about it,...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Is snuff an affectation? I don't think any kind of tobacco use is an affectation - it's just tobacco use. I take snuff occasionally, especially if I have a bit of a stuffy nose. As for dipping, well, it may not be an affectation, but it sure is gross. More power to them, though. Quote: Originally Posted by warlok1965 More on point, I think the general impression of pipes is that they...
Quote: Originally Posted by warlok1965 I think they are cool and I wish they weren't so damn bad for you bc I love the smell of quality pipe tobacco. Although I don't consider the health issue especially relevant to the discussion, I should point out that some pretty legit studies have found that moderate pipe smokers live longer than nonsmokers. Overall, the health issue is really blown out of proportion - there are plenty of things people do...
Does that mean we won't have your wonderful illustrations any more? I don't know if I'll even bother coming here anymore!
Traditionally, bubbles were blown in clay pipes, as they were inexpensive, ubiquitous, and not destroyed by immersion in soapy water. Functionally, yes, one could blow bubbles in any pipe, though I would certainly hope you weren't using a *nice* pipe, as it would be pretty much irretrivably ruined by doing so. Before little textured plastic rings were invented, pipes were the only way to blow bubbles. From what I understand, as in most other things, the classic way is...
How much does it cost to rent a tux? If you plan on attending and renting for every one, maybe it would be more economical to buy after all. I would say rent for your upcoming dance. While there, check out what other people are wearing. If you would blow them all out of the water in a business suit, just get a suit. If you still think you need a dinner jacket, I guess you should figure out how much you would be spending on rentals and spend that much. I still think you'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC As with cigarettes and cigars you are killing yourself and those around you. What? Smoking is bad for me?? HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Though I said "stylistically speaking", thank you for alerting me to this previously unknown danger! I owe so much to you, sir! I will immediately take all of my pants to my tailor and have him cut off half a foot in your honor.
As another young(ish) guy, I totally sympathize. I understand the desire to wear attractive, tailored clothing. And I felt like a boor wearing the disaster that I wore to my prom, knowing how black tie is *supposed* to be done, but completely blowing it. But seriously, you really don't want to buy a tux for the following reasons: *If you are a freshman, you will undoubtedly continue growing, at least a little bit, and possibly in unexpected ways. Don't count on being...