or Connect

Posts by Krawczak

R-H, should I take this to mean that it isn't the custom for the wedding party to dress themselves according to our specs, or that it is, but you hate that custom? I really am clueless on this.
Master Squirrel: Yes. That's the one. R-H: Really? Don't bridesmaids have to buy their dresses? I don't know how this goes, I've never gotten married before. I only have the Best Man, the father of the bride and one groomsman. I thought making the wedding party improve their wardrobes was just par for the course.
needshoehelp: I know, right? These are the kind of expectations you get when you read styleforum and shop almost exclusively at thrift stores. Obviously, "budget" is relative. I'd like to spend maybe less than $1000 on my outfit? The groomsmen's clothes far less. Orgetorix: Gahh! I'm a 38/38L. Probably not tailorable? I've found an OTR RL "Ritz" tailcoat for pretty cheeps. Is this worth even bothering? It has satin lapels, but otherwise the picture looks OK. Also, to...
I am not going to have the wedding party's suits made, but I want a source to which I can direct them that will have what I want them to wear. If they can find something workable available for rental, great. This is the primary reason I want an inexpensive source for their suits. I'd like to say "if you want to rent or something, fine, as long as you look good. But hey, here's a place you can buy one for a little more! As for the future utility of white tie, believe it...
I am getting married in October 2011, and I have more or less settled on what I'd like. This is something of a "budget" wedding, so I'm leaning towards small MTM houses or quality OTR; while I want this stuff to be inexpensive for myself and my groomsmen, I absolutely don't want it to LOOK cheap. Since there will be little call for most of these garments to be worn often, I'm okay with skimping on quality as long as the fit is good and the fabric doesn't look polyestery...
Today's the day! Let's see the numbers! I'm totally pumped.
Another thread just reminded me of an experience you gentlemen may appreciate. Some time ago, I wandered into the San Diego Bloomingdale's location, killing time while the better half did something or other. I don't remember how I was dressed, but it's unlikely that I wasn't wearing a tie - I usually am. Anyway, I'm looking at suits, and the sales associate comes over and asks if he can help me, etc. I tell him I'm probably not buying today, but what I'm in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Is it the angle of the photo, or are the hip pockets on the jacket uneven? If they are, take it back. Otherwise, I would suggest that you not button the top button, ever. Cripes you're right! It looks as though the pockets are indeed totally uneven! That is absolutely grounds for not accepting the work. Also, are those wrinkles at the top button from a too-small chest or from the shoulders...
In my opinion, the jacket is too long. I understand why some tailors (or you) want to do this - to reduce the impact of your height - but I've never liked it. (I'm 6'3 and very thin, so I feel your pain). It's pulling a little at the top button. A tailor ought to be able to fix that, but it's also pretty minor. I'd get the sleeves shortened a little, too, but that's a question of tastes. Who made it, out of curiosity?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: sleeve garters. Why bother getting your shirt tailored when not doing so gives you an excuse to wear the coolest accessory of the early 20th century? Just don't pull a TB and wear them on the outside of your jacket. That looks dumb.