or Connect

Posts by Naka

I believe it is a true angled channel, from what I've seen from the other samples in Deer's showroom.The changes I'd make would be mainly aesthetic, but in terms of order process I would definitely have measurements taken in the morning while my feet haven't swollen up. I've noticed that in the morning the heel can be quite loose, but in the afternoon the fit is satisfactory. I'd rather have a tight initial fit that slowly loosens as I break the shoe in, than a heel that...
I think it's really more of a difference in perspective. I find that alot of SW&D, especially the high-fashion side, must be viewed from a design aspect, much like women's fashion. You can't really pidgeonhole SW&D like you can MC. The spectrum of different clothing and outfits in SW&D really dwarfs the range in MC; there is no uniform like a coat, pant and tie. In my opinion SW&D does casual much better than MC. Have you seen the abortion that is the MC Casual thread? I'm...
Instead of posting something snarky, or feeding you probable misinformation, I'll instead ask that you do a search for a member on the Forvm called "DFWII". Please don't PM him, as he is no doubt extremely sick of answering the same questions over and over again, but read through his posts. He is one of the few members on this board that makes shoes, and if you take the time to read through his posts you will gain a thorough understanding of shoe construction. I'll also...
Hello, and welcome to the Forvm. Your best bet for shoes trees is to find someone in the same area and split shipping.
Pictures as requested. The toes look a little distorted in this picture, which I think is due to the shoe trees. I'm using Woodlore epics, but I think I'll have to find a pair that fit better. Double sole, Topy'd(gasp!) Closeup on the stitching. Shoes are hand welted. Closeup on the closed channel. This was my first MTM shoe, with my only other SF approved footwear being a pair of RMW's. MTM is definitely a learning experience, and there are a lot of things I...
I'm 19 and although I don't wear suits often, I wear chestnut R.M's with wool trousers all the time. It's a pretty common occurance in Brisbane.
From what I've read in the R.M Williams thread and my own personal experience, R.M don't offer their boot trees anymore. Furthermore, they never seemed to make them in the first place, and instead contracted Rochester to make the trees. They didn't seem to fit particularly well anway. Currently I'm using some Woodlore Epic Trees in my pair of R.M's. Hope this helps!
MTM. I'll have to take some photos and post them, they've been sitting in their shoe bags recently with all this bloody rain.
+1. I have a pair of Deer shoes I'm very happy with.http://www.deerstyle.blogspot.com
Depends on what style you're after and what your budget is. There isn't much in the way of styles popular on SF, and the places that do stock better shoes(R&R, Mitchell Ogilvy), charge through the nose for them.