or Connect

Posts by Hornswaggler

Quote: Originally Posted by P. Bateman ] Funny Robert Talbott cigar tie I'm probably going to cigar to a cigar buddy. I believe that's a Freudian slip...
Here's yesterday's haul. The small images are clickable thumbnails: Ties (1 of 3) From left: Jos A. Bank (that some genius used a piece of scotch tape to put the keeper in place on), Isaco (?), Renovati(?), Countess Mara, ?, Vineyard Vines NWT Ties (2 of 3) From left: Guy La Roche, Peterborough Row, Liberty of London, Rooster (lambswool); WM Chelsea Ltd. (?), YSL Ties (3 of 3) From left: Unknown (raw silk; I tried to get a good photo of the slubs &...
Quote: Originally Posted by seanmj Same thing here re: grenadines. I've never found one. In fact, I've never seen one for sale period except online. I was at a small menswear shop that sells Kiton, Brioni, etc., and asked if they had any grenadines. The salesman said no one had asked for a grenadine in 20 years and asked where I learned the term. "You must have read Flusser." I'm still a noob, so yours and Steve's posts had me doubting myself....
I went to a place that sells by the pound, hit the tie bin, and scored about 3 lbs. of ties for just under $5. In that pile were a couple raw silks & grenadines, wool ties, a cotton tie with a really cool texture, and all sorts of designer whatnot. Also picked up two really nice blazers (one Oxxford, one Bill Blass). Photos TK. (Note: Those of you who PMed me about the RLPL and the Oxxford suits a week or so ago; I went back the next day and they were gone!...
How far across are the pants @ the thigh?
How much would it lengthen the pants to take out the cuff?
I discovered there's a thrift store near my office today, and there are a couple nice suits that are too big for me (a 42R charcoal Oxxford, a 43R mid-grey RLPL), but are priced the same as the blown out polyester crap on the racks... Should I be hoarding these to sell in B&S once I hit 45 days? If so, I'm going to have to go back there tonight.
Dunno if I'm going to have much luck outside of going bespoke for everything, but I'm looking to get a decent suit that fits relatively well, preferably navy with pinstripes, soon. I'm 6', but have a thin upper body and short arms, so 36S seems to fit me best (a slim-fit 36R with somewhere around a 23-24" sleeve would probably also work). With trousers, I'm a 31 waist, but can't do slim fit because I have muscular thighs. Straight leg, slightly tapered, with about a...
Quote: Originally Posted by streetminimal Just got some TM Lewin shirts. Their slim fits aren't entirely slim. Their John Francomb "fully fitted" shirts are better. They're a little more expensive, but slimmer.
PM sent -- hopefully the ties that convinced me to finally set up an account are still available...