or Connect

Posts by Hornswaggler

I picked one of these up from Hilton's Tent City (15% off with a promo code they aren't shy about sharing with you on their site). People have been fussing on the Filson site about it being a little slim-fitting, which was music to my ears.For those who might be curious, here's what it looks like in the flesh wool: This is a 36; I'm usually a 36 and this seems to me to be a fairly generous fit. But with a sweater it works, and it seems perfect for layering a vest...
I should learn to heed this sort of warning... I think I'm going to pop in to the LES store and trade 3 of the 4 pairs for 31s.They'll button up, but are rockstar snug. I'd post fit pics for critique but don't think I want my first fit pics to be *that* memorable...
Brilliant. Looks like I was right - that was the last pair of 30s in Leaf!
Hi Mike, How much would you say the thigh shrinks after the first wash? In theory, I'd be a 30 in the rivet chinos based on the website measurements (my thigh measurement is about 22.5 inches). I've got a couple pairs of Incotex that are 30 and fit, but most of the time I end up sizing up to a 32 and having my tailor take in the waist (or, take in the waist and take out the seat -- another side effect of being an athlete). What I really ought to do is get my ass in to...
6pm.com appears to have put these on sale... I'm not seeing beeswax, but do see red oak, grey leather (which I got in B&S recently and like), olive leather and then some weirder colors.
I succeeded a little too well when I signed up in September... I mostly stayed off SF because I didn't want to get lured in by B&S, and have only now returned. I went three months in all (Sept., Oct., Nov.).
I'm in. I also did August; I'm 3 days away from declaring victory for it. That said, I'm going to take advantage of the Sep. 1-4 window to pick up a couple things, before buckling down on the 5th...
This is in no way a bookmark for Sep. 1, because I've being doing a no purchase August...
I'm intrigued.