or Connect

Posts by mugatu

https://www.facebook.com/nowfashion/videos/10154678145778289/ No stage, No music, No Bow.. definitely feels like a silent goodbye..
looks like i was right: "HEDI IS CONSOLIDATING HIS REPUTABLE SILHOUETTE WITH HINTS OF HIS GLAM FALL 2005 COLLECTION" "WITH THE PSYCH ROCK COLLECTION HE PIONEERED AT SAINT LAURENT IN JULY 2013." "HEDI WENT BACK TO HIS SIGNATURE STYLE PIECES AND PRINCIPLES." whole lotta other references & pics tweeted
a lot of the looks remind me of DH FW05... maybe a sign of what's to come? btw there will be one more show in Paris (women FW16) on March 7th
it's a lot weaker then FW imo.. but then again i'm a sucker for outerwear, knits & more muted color palette.
Just to give you some perspective, you've got to take into consideration that quality wise there was a steady decline within his 7 year tenure at DH (not unlike what some have already noticed at SLP). 2001-2003 stuff was incredible amazing high quality. a lot of stuff made in france. then it got a little less good every season with less permanent items made in EU/Japan up until around 06 where it got truly bad for some items (made in turkey, jewellery in thailand etc). i'm...
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out Dior. He had a good thing going on over there and wasn't exactly thrilled on the idea of leaving it behind to be hacked off by KvA (who btw yes could get canned at the snap of a finger and go back to doing Kris by Kris), it is all about business and "creative control" in the end. If Hedi can have it his way (stay in LA, revamp womenswear, do couture stuff etc..) I could see him going back. It seems the SLP fans have a hard time letting...
you've got to put into context the predicament french houses are in right now. raf leaving dior, elbaz getting ousted from lanvin, wang getting quickly replaced at balenciaga..etc.. it's a game of musical chairs and something quite unlike what we've known in the past. designers aren't as invulnerable as people may think. in between they're inflated ego & the power conglemorates pushing their agenda in boardrooms, things can get quite explosive & no one is immune, not even...
FWIW word on the inside is Hedi is going back to Dior. As awkward as that situation may seem, they're in desperate need of a replacement for Raf and are ready to give him 100% control (which is all what Hedi wants). If confirmed it will be interesting to see in what direction he takes DH (past like SLP or forward like his previous tenure). As for the future of SLP, Kering is faced with two choices: take a hack a la KVA (i.e Vaccarello) that will coat tail on Hedi's...
^ good job.. now they got that SS16 weathered look
Honestly it seems some of you take this SLP business waaay too seriously.. to a point where it's just not cool anymore and you kinda sound like a label whore. Also dressing up head to toe in SLP demands a lot of confidence, especially if A. your body type isn't runway material B. you're not a rock star or somewhat connected to the indie music scene. Anyways I strongly suggest you check out this recent Dave 1 (from Chromeo) interview. He's got an insane SLP leather...