or Connect

Posts by dsc

Gents, anyone knows how Rui compares to Ama? I quite like the new chukkas, my trigger finger is twitching:) Regards, dsc.
I've been contacting Sandro using his email address:sandro@meermin.esRegards,dsc.
Got a reply asking me what I'd like to do with it. I'm planning to send it back and get a different model, we'll see how that works out.Regards,dsc.
I don't want to moan, but I currently have two pairs of Meermins, one pair of bluchers on the Ama last and one pair of monks. Here's what I've noticed on the monks on the cap toe stitch:and to add insult to injury, I've noticed that the sole split on the right shoe on the blucher pair Emailed Sandro a few days ago about the monks, waiting for a reply, need to email them about the split, although I'm a bit reluctant to send them back as they are breaking in rather nicely...
Thanks for the reply. The situation I described is with both shoes unbuckled, it's just a test I like to do to check the overall fit of the shoes, if they are laced I remove the laces and walk around a bit. I mentioned that the right foot pops out, which is simply the heel coming out of the shoe when I flex the foot, move the weight of the body to the toes and lift the heel of the ground. The shoe stays on the foot when I simply lift the leg up, with the foot relaxed, so...
Gents, I just got these: When I tried them with the buckles undone, left shoe stays on my foot when walking normally, but right shoe keeps slipping and popping out from the shoe as if it's a bit loose. You reckon it's going to be a problem with monks? I cannot lace them harder if I need to and I'm a bit worried they will get loose as the leather stretches. They are a UK8, I can try swapping for UK7.5, but then I think the left shoe will be too tight as it's snug at the...
I've sent multiple emails to both Pepe and Jose, received replies straight away or after longer periods (anything from 2-8 days). What you have to realise is that it's a rather small company and in busy periods they might be slower to reply, so give them a week or so before dropping them another email. As far as last selection goes it's quite hard to suggest something without knowing what fit you like, or what your feet are like. If you're asking about fit, at least say...
Cheers, not sure we want that though:)Jose confirmed that a UK7.5 should be fine, so I'll be ordering that size from now on for the Ama and Hiro. The RON is apparently similar to Ama, with the instep modified for a loafer. Taking the plunge soon I reckon.Regards,Tom
I'm considering getting a pair of these for the summer:http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1939#Just not sure how RON compares to AMA or HIRO. Emailed Pepe / Jose, waiting for a reply.Has anyone here compared the AMA / HIRO to the 348 from C&J? I wear a 7.5UK in the 348s and I already have a pair of AMA bluchers in 8UK, although I'm a bit worried they will stretch too much and become loose.BTW here's two shots of what a Meermin (AMA last blucher, the one I...
Cheers!dsc.