or Connect

Posts by Pingson

Howdy folks: [[SPOILER]]
From yesterday. This was taken after attending a welcoming reception followed by sitting through a two hour ceremony for the annual conferral of doctoral degrees to all new PhDs, so that hopefully explains the somewhat dishevelled look. The white tie rig is new, picked it up only a week ago - feels great to finally have a rig that fits properly and that is not at least two sizes to large. Picked up pizza on my way home and the guy at the pizza place had a sort of puzzled...
At A.Marchesan?
Nice, although a low-cut waistcoat and bow tie always has me thinking black tie attire....
I uploaded the previous version from my phone, but I have just replaced the photos with high-res versions - including real facial expressions as an added benefit
This was mostly a reference to a discussion in the Noodle thread a few days ago where some people made it abundantly clear that orange ties are dreadful. I do, of course, not agree
^fantastic look Crusty!First real summer day today, so time to break out the summery attire also here - including the dreaded orange tie that may not be everyone's cup of tea.I have a cocktail party to attend right after work, so needed something that would work for that as well. [[SPOILER]] Edit: Uploaded from mobile, so replaced the pics with high-resolution versions
I like the look if this suit and the creasing comes with wearing linen - either you roll with it or just stop wearing it. What would really have pushed this in to truly awesome territory, however, would have been a black grenadine instead of a navy. That would have been a 10 out of 10 fit...
Contrast between shirt and waistcoat could possibly be greater but it's not a deal breaker for me in a casual fit like this. However, the more serious issue to me is that waistcoat looks too short. Just my 0.02....
I can see that the type of pattern may be too similar (not surprising, since they're both from Drake's) but I disagree on pattern size - the two patterns are definitely of different scales. But maybe it's the similarities rather than the scale of the patterns that is the root of the problem here.....