or Connect

Posts by Pingson

Fellow Noodlers, I have a desire to embrace my profession to the fullest extent and I feel I can not do that without at least a few bow ties. So I've been looking for a place to get a few to start off with (I currently own exactly one bow tie - the one for my white tie rig) but have had a surprisingly hard time finding a supplier of tasteful bow ties. I'm thinking foulards and madders, to wear with tweed (I am a professor after all). Drake's don't seem to stock many bow...
As for getting tenure, it sure is nice - so congrats to @erictheobscure! Thus far in my career I have only seen one professor completely fold his tent after getting tenured, the rest of us are all working as hard as ever. Alas, the influences of NPM over the last decade, and the changes this has led to on the daily academic work environment, makes you question that work ethic more and more. Anyway, I digress... Today:
I used to bike to work year round as well, but I gave it up for some reason (aka lazyness). Can't start again as I don't have a nice workdrobe like @Anden has
Knit ties with suits have been frowned upon more than one time here. Personally I have no problem with it, obviously...I wouldn't say very slim. Slimmer that the SF optimum, that is true but OTOH far better than on most OTR suits - or at least what has been on most OTR suits the last years. It seems to slowly be changing however...
This might not get too much love around here, but should hopefully at least a thumb from @patrickBOOTH [[SPOILER]]
This seems to be the place where all the hip boys are hanging, so I'm in too.....
I if only could own one tie, it would be this one. Works with just about anything, and ties a superb knot.. [[SPOILER]]
Well of course, I'm on it.......
I don't wear this absolutely awesome Vanda cashmere tie nearly enough..... that must change!
Tell that to Ralph, and tell him I think so too.....