or Connect

Posts by Pingson

First time ever wearing a bowtie (apart from white tie of course). Trying to do it in as much of a non-hipster way as possible, but I'm not sure I'm succeeding.... Especially since my wife's reaction this morning was laughter followed by comments about school boys [[SPOILER]]
Still, it is depressing to see that even at that type of arrangement, where people should know better, they nevertheless don't know the dress rules for white tie. Rule #1 is that your waistcoat should not extend past your jacket.....Today it was gun club day.....
Outside I wear a pair of these......
Crappy light today (or I should say almost non-existent - horrible, horrible weather outside), so this was only pic that didn't end up either grossly under-exposed or blurry.....
Just bought two HC bow ties, including the challis @Coxsackie suggested above. Many thanks for all suggestions....
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I don't know why I didn't think of Exquisite Trimmings myself. Will also check Hober and Herry Carter.....
Need more frown, you look far too happy....
The first pair by a mile, to much "frame" on the others....The first pair also remind me of this (which is a good thing, I might add):
Fellow Noodlers, I have a desire to embrace my profession to the fullest extent and I feel I can not do that without at least a few bow ties. So I've been looking for a place to get a few to start off with (I currently own exactly one bow tie - the one for my white tie rig) but have had a surprisingly hard time finding a supplier of tasteful bow ties. I'm thinking foulards and madders, to wear with tweed (I am a professor after all). Drake's don't seem to stock many bow...
As for getting tenure, it sure is nice - so congrats to @erictheobscure! Thus far in my career I have only seen one professor completely fold his tent after getting tenured, the rest of us are all working as hard as ever. Alas, the influences of NPM over the last decade, and the changes this has led to on the daily academic work environment, makes you question that work ethic more and more. Anyway, I digress... Today: