or Connect

Posts by Pingson

Like @Claghorn I'm using an old fit as I have no reason to wear tailored clothing this week (and it's too damn hot for anything but shorts and T-shirt, let alone a three-piece). But had I participated I would have gone with something like this:
+1 to sticking out at my department (and most likely on campus as well). But one of the nice side effects of being a fully tenured professor is that I can dress pretty much as I want. And if someone comments on it I can always play the "quirky professor" card - there are certainly enough of them on campus so one more won't make a difference to anyone
@SeaJen, I have probably asked before, but forgotten you answer, what field are you in?The closest to writing a book I've come is a chapter in an edited volume - otherwise it's just journal articles that counts for me as well, unfortunately. I like books as they allow you to be a little more broad on the topic you cover and not just cram everything into 5000 words and few tables/figures.
Thanks! The tie went to @TweedyProf for a book he's written (I am an academic after all ) and a Drake's square. I am certainly happy with the trade and I hope Tweedy will be too.
Also, looks like I have found a deal for the tie. Just waiting for final confirmation, but the tie is likely gone.....
Unfortunately you also make the guy to Greg's left more visible when you enlarge the photo
I am definitely interested. Would be a fun endeavour.Sorry, the "no platform shoes" is a deal breaker
Raw silk is probably great in the summer, but you have to remember I live in a place where we have about two months of warm weather every year and for those two months I pretty much never wear tailored clothing. Also, they kind of look a little sloppy to me.....
Nope, do not agree - both on the missed point and that charcoal would not provide enough contrast, so I am with @spectre on this one.Here's a similar coloured jacket with charcoal flannels. Not only do the contrast look pretty ok to me, I much prefer this look to navy trousers. YMMV of course [[SPOILER]]
Sure.......