or Connect

Posts by Samovar McGee

Maybe?
I think you answered your own question. If the collar bar speaks to you, then wear it. If it's you, it isn't flashy, or silly-- it is merely you being yourself. It sounds like you would be at home in this ensemble, especially if others are dressing up as much as you have planned to. So, relax. What you described sounds great.
I can agree with that.
This thread is ridiculous. If you want to buy a bespoke suit, go ahead and do it. If you want to buy an OTR DKNY suit, go ahead and do it. If you can find a way to get either, by spending, borrowing, or stealing, then you will have them, and any further question about the matter should be relegated to one's own self alone.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this sentiment. But I will say this: The guest-host relationship is a two way street.
Don't care. Take off your shoes when you come into my house. I have one pair of slippers. They're not necessary. If you don't have socks on, no matter. Your feet are far cleaner than the bottom of your shoes. And when I visit other homes, I default to the no-shoe rule out of respect.
Dan-gy: Rather than giving you a run down of individual items, here is some general advice: Find stuff that actually fits you. If you look around, you can find somewhat decent clothing in the stores you listed. Try reading the WAYWRN: MC Casual Style thread for inspiration. Since your budget is basic, I would suggest sticking to thrift stores, ebay, the B&S forum, and the stores in which your discount applies. You can go very far just starting out if you hit up...
When I can't rub it into my gums anymore, I find taking creatine in a suppository form to be helpful and effective.
I'm kind of indifferent to the plight of all parties listed. But.....ouch. They probably could have put that money to good use.
I like mine to drape so much that I feel like I'm wearing a toga, like they used to in the ancient times!