or Connect

Posts by Samovar McGee

I gave my director at work a penis gourd. Does that count?
In all seriousness, I think that's probably a good idea. A management company might take a significant bite out of your monthly income, but it mitigates some of the difficulties of being a long-distance landlord.
There was no money in my familial arrangement. My dad served as an indentured servant to my mom. After a period of twenty years, he was released to the lions and another man was brought forth.
Sure, if you're a plumber.
I used to spend a quarter of my income. The rest I dumped into apartments in Shanghai. I thought I was being smart until the building my units were in tipped over. Now I'm just buying up Florida swampland; it's safer.
The true measure of wealth is the distance between your kitchen and bathroom. I've seen miserable squats with chamber pots two levels below ground, and million dollar cul-de-sac specials with ice maker urinals.
I used to own a five bedroom, two and a half bath townhouse in Greenwich Village. Now all I have is an open air office by the Brooklyn Navy Yards. I made a mistake, you see. I told my boss that he couldn't wear loafers with a suit. I told him they were cemented, and corrected grain leather. Well, you can imagine how well that went. Before I knew it, he had his foot twelve feet up my butt, and the seat of my Mabitexes split like The Grand Canyon. My only consolation is...
I suggest you wear cordovan triple monks with a braided cordwainer's welt. Match your cummerbund in ruby and green paisley for a dash of color.
Why not stick to more 'rugged' fabrics for your pants, like woolen tweeds, flannels? How about corduroy? I'm assuming the de rigeur of your office is business casual, so these should all be okay. You can also wear 'chinos' of other hues besides kakhi. Replace the half-zips with a cardigan, maybe. They make some that appear more like a jacket, being more 'rugged' and 'chunky' than daintily woven and thin. I'm trying to understand the level of ruggedness you want. ...
Well, what's wrong with that?