or Connect

Posts by hpreston

I agree.Here they are on their maiden voyage today.
I second this question, what's it made of?
Today...I can't resist wearing my new favorite shoes a couple of times this week, so here again are the unlined #8 PTB'sEdit: CelceoAdamator beat me too it, I stand by giving Alden DC a call....In addition to Alden NY, Alden DC has either this same shoe, or a very similar shoe in black shell and #8 shell. I would give them a call. Either Joe, or Kathy will be happy to help you out.
That is hilarious.
Yes, that is it! Great looking shoe.
Thanks!They were available about a year ago, I believe I picked them up in early March, 2012.Alden DC has a similar shoe, not sure of the last, but it is a choc suede short wing Balmoral.I believe Alden Madison Ave has a similar shoe as well in choc suede with captoe, but for some reason their site is blocked from work...
I'll echo both HF and Mack's thoughts. It's a very close battle, there are aspects of each I like better than the other. TTO's top half is the winner, but the fit of the jeans throw it off for me. SS looks great, but as Mack says, looks like its never been worn outside. In the end, I voted SS.
Amazing Price! Great find Deacon!Today is an Alden Suede day,Chocolate Suede brouged, perforated Captoes from Leather Sole (Plaza Last)
I went TTS (8.5E) with my first pair of Leydon Chukkas, and although they are very flexible and do stretch a bit, they are a bit snug. For my second pair, I went up a half size to a 9D. I use the 9's for travelling, easy on/off at aiport security, and plenty of room and stretch for feet swelling during air travel.I have seen some retailers only sell the Leydon in E width as they say the E fits like a D...
Getting ready for another day of rain.These were from last night, taken after a good brushing, and coat of Leather Defender. [[SPOILER]]