or Connect

Posts by hpreston

Quick shout out for a great selection, great customer service, great packaging, and super prompt shipping. I ordered a Drakes scarf and PS, this past Sunday (I know, I'm a high roller) I received a polite and apologetic e-mail from NMWA Monday informing me that due to a stock error, the Drakes scarf was out of stock. I found a similarly priced Begg & Co scarf in a similar color, and we agreed to change my order to the Drakes PS, and Begg scarf. Tuesday morning I receive...
My first order was for my wedding, the bitter chocolate was for the rehersal dinner, the purple chashmere tie, for my best man.GT-6 Bitter Chocolate Grenadine Silk Tie (grossa)ECT-6 Purple Cashmere TieI quickly followed up with two orders for "staples" which included:GGT-11 Navy Grenadine Silk Tie (grossa)GT-3 Burgundy Grenadine Silk Tie (grossa)GGT-16 Forest Green Grenadine Silk Tie (grossa)GGT-21 Charcoal Gray/Silver Grenadine Silk Tie (grossa)ECT-3 Dark Navy Cashmere...
Thank you Shirtmaven, and Len for all of the fascinating stories!
Same here.
Gents, I am mostly a lurker here, but I hope to attend. I have no black tie rig, but I will figure something out.
I am a bit larger than you, but I will give my advice based on my experience with Gustin denim.Overall the waist will stretch about 1 inch after break in. Most recommend you get raw denim to fit pretty snug when new, so that your jeans will fit "just right" after break in.So for you, it looks like you need to decide between Gustin 30's or 31's. The 30's should stretch out to about a 31.5 waist, and the 31's should stretch to about a 32.5...
I had originally posted my thoughts on my first pair of Gustin's in the other Gustin thread, so I will follow up here. I have no QA/QC issues with my jeans, so I will not address any of those issues. I am pretty new to selvedged denim, just as an FYI. My first pair was "The Thirteener" in straight cut, size 36. I was waffling between 35 and 36, but decided to go with 36. They arrived, and I was very pleased with the quality of the jeans, but the fit was "perfect" out...
Alden for JCrew 405 Indy Boot. Theses are worn but well cared for, always kept on shoe trees (not included) and in Alden Boot bags (included) Sale includes original box, Alden boot bags, and shipping to CONUS, willing to negotiate shipping to places other than CONUS.
Alden for JCrew 405 Indy Boot. Theses are worn but well cared for, always kept on shoe trees (not included) and in Alden Boot bags (included) Sale includes original box, Alden boot bags, and shipping to CONUS, willing to negotiate shipping to places other than CONUS.
Nearly new Alden 403 brown chrome excel Indy boots, worn three times. Trubalance last size 8D. Purchased brand new from North River Outfitters this year. Kept on shoe trees (not included in sale) and in Alden boot bags (included) Price includes: original box, Alden boot bags, and shipping within CONUS, I am happy to negotiate shipping anywhere.