or Connect

Posts by hpreston

Does LL Bean make decent OCBD shirts? I have a credit at LL Bean leftover from Christmas. There are regular Bean OCBD and LL Bean signature shirts, but the Signature shirts only come in S, M, L, XlL, no necks sizes. I am in need of a blue and a white so the gulag bean shirts seem like a good purchase with my credit. Is there anything else at LL Bean that I should consider?
Fantastic thread PSG!Here's what I have been wearing a lot lately, mostly inspired by this forum:1) Blue Blazer- mine is a cashmere one from Oxxford, acquired on B&S2) J Crew chinos - khaki in urban slim fit3) End on end blue spread collar shirt- RLBL from B&S4) Grey wool flannels - Incotex (B&S)5) Levis - standard 501's6) White linen pocket square - Kent Wang7) Brown belt - Nordstrom, going to get a Narragansett Leathers one soon8) Navy Cashmere cardigan Sweater- Saks...
Nice look. Is that a J Crew shawl collared cardigan? I got a very similar (if not the same) sweater in navy for Christmas.Also, who makes the trousers?
This particular sport coat was a recent purchase off of B&S, the seller didn't say anything about shiny spots. Oh well, lesson learned.
That is what I was afraid of...Unfortunately, it is a fine basket weave navy, and the shiny parts are on more areas than just the elbows.Doing a little searching on the interwebs, I came across a recommendation to steam, and then use a clothes brush while the cloth is warm and damp. Any thoughts on this method?
Are there any cures for older fabric on a sport coat that has become shiny in the heavy wear areas, elbows etc? Or am I just doomed to thrift it?
My opinion is to go with black shoes for weddings. Black shoes will go nicely with either gray or navy suits. Again, black captoes will serve you well.For the record, my regular daily attire usually has me leaning towards various shades of brown for footwear, but I would still go black for weddings, and other more formal events.I wore a navy suit with black captoes last week to my wife's corporate Christmas party, evening cocktails and dinner.
I second what JLibourel said, I recently got married and went with gray suits for me and all of the groomsmen. I went with a black captoe from Alden. The AE Park Ave, or Fifth Ave are going to be good choices.
For your house party, if it were me, I would wear a nice SC, shirt with no tie, festive PS, and depending on how formal the party either chinos or wool trousers.For me personally, I am going to a late dinner with friends, and I am thinking of wearing a blazer (was going to go with a nice tweed SC but think I might end up too hot inside all evening) with pale gray flannels, a blue and white stipped shirt, and a mostly red PS. Still thinking over the whole fit though, so it...
Yep, I was asking about the tie, either gray/silver Brioni or Hober Grenadine,The rest (suit, shirt, shoes) is pretty much decidedThanks for your input.