or Connect

Posts by hpreston

I have 35 straight fit denim, that is still a bit snug (hopefully it will stretch out soon) if the duck canvas does not stretch much, probably a 36 (straight)
Always interested to see what you come up with, but I am regretting not getting the naturals for the coming summer...
Transparency is not really an issue, if you hold up to the sun, yes, you can see through it, but for normal tie wear, it is not transparent (thishas been discussed before, and most who have untipped grenadines like the effect, however subtle)I went with four fold purely out of economics, For four ties it's $320 (four fold) or $480 for six fold, for the same $480, I could get an additional two ties.
I will give you my experience:1. Lightly lined (again, what pinkpanther said, tell David what kind of knot you use, and how big you want your knot, I told him FIH knot, to acheive a meduim sized knot, FWIW, my knots are just a hair smaller than Flyswatters knot)2. There are four different grendine weaves, not sure about two sources, but the different weaves may have different colors for the same color name, i.e. Navy Fina may not be exactly the same shade as navy Grossa,...
Second this question.
Agree completely. I have three wool ties from hober, all three are three fold, lightly lined, untipped, with hand rolled edges.
Thank you for the tip on the slim fit.
This is outstanding. How did you size your Barracuda? I see many that look too big, yours fits very well.
I have the navy cash black warp, and yes it is a pretty dense fabric. I got mine in three fold with ultra light lining and it came out great, and not too think. I love it with an OCBD and tweed.