or Connect

Posts by yywwyy

Watching the moment of impact and the damaged area, the car may have gone airbourne due to the tires hitting at the right angle, rather than due to high speed. Judging by the google street view (The Mazda came out of the street and crossed the opposing traffic lane to enter the impact zone, all with a clear view), the Mazda should have had plenty of room & time to see the lambo coming... it's pretty clear that this accident was caused by the Mazda driver. The Lambo driver...
Yup. Between you guys' suggestions and that from friends, I think that she handled the negotiations professionally and pleasantly. Also luckily, she obtained a couple other offers since I posted, which helped her a lot. Again, thanks very much for your inputs!
Thanks very much- that's very helpful. Upon discussion during the interview, the interviewer told her that she would choose preferred offices and they would try to match. We asked further on the phone yesterday, and they said that the decision would be made during her 2-month training. It's a little tricky for me to be uncertain about where we may end up.   The firm appears to be undergoing transformation (expansion, it seems...).
Good idea, and we have indeed reached out to other consultants via LinkedIn.
Thanks, will do. We've decided negotiating by phone would be the most proper approach. If the company was willing to provide relocation reimbursements, do you think that they would have specifically mentioned it in the letter? Also, if the company doesn't mention performance-based bonus at year-end, does that mean they don't do that for this position? (I ask because other, similar firms have this for an equivalent position)   Also, it doesn't make sense to me that one...
Thanks all!
Thanks a lot, all!
Concern: I need to ship something to China worth $6000. The item is a motion-sensing glove used in science. I want to choose the quickest and safest shipment method, regardless of price...   What would you recommend? (This is a favor for a friend; I could deny...) What are potential dangers?  Any experiences with shipping such high-dollar items to China? If insured, would the receiver be taxed significantly? (The same item is priced at $8000+ in China)
Thanks for the recommendations! Checked out mulholland drive at night - a little too dark, but had a blast!
I'll be visiting LA & Vegas for the next week. I'm renting a 911 or 987 boxster... Can you guys recommend some great, winding roads?