or Connect

Posts by lenahan

That's not true. A good humidor does 2 things--it stores your cigar at the property humidity, and allows them to age. With a Tupperware box and humidification device, you can store your cigars. However, they will not age much, and the flavour of a cigar is effected by its environment. Cigar aging is effectively a slow decomposition wherein the oils of the tobacco break through the layers of tobbaco and the flavour of the tobaccoes marry. Cigars stored next to each other...
The idea of a product entirely made in one area is an illusion. The dunhill lighter is made in Switzerland. The English Royal Family is German. For a watch to be "swiss made" merely 51% of its value must be made in/from switzerland. In the 19th century, English cotton goods were made from cotton picked in the Southern US, later Egypt. American cotton is still shipped overseas (to Asia, usually) to be made into finished products. I love Allen Edmonds--I love them because...
actually, they are totally legal to have; they are illegal to purchase, for those sticks made after the embargo took effect
well, it can be. While not inhaled (as cigars use "black tobacco" as opposed to the blond tobacco of cigarettes, which are acidic and can be inhaled, which is very difficult to inhale), cigar smoke contains carcinogens, although they effect is largely felt in the mouth and throat. However, the cigar is a product of pure tobacco. The average cigarette, the poster child of bad health nowadays, contains only a small amount of tobacco--it is loaded with other chemicals, the...
That was really good plastic surgery! Better question--how was she stupid enough to marry this asshole? And better question--EVERY parent thinks there baby is the cutest baby on the planet. What is wrong with this guy? and why not just skip the divorce and give the daughter plastic surgery (when she is a bit older, of course)?
better question--why in God's name would you ever want a to have a flavoured cigar, let alone have one to store?as a general rule, always save cigar tubes. They always come in handy.
I love Davidoffs, admittedly as an employee, I am a bit biased. Like any cigar, it may or may not be your thing. I can tell you a bit about what we have to offer, though.The thousands and classic series are the lightest bodies smoke in the white label line. The thousands, especially, are very creamy and flavorful, but again, very light. The kind of strength that a regular smoker would have when they do not want something that strong, like on an empty stomach. Nonetheless,...
Actually, he would say that the traits of this individual, as they are less advantageous to survival and reproduction in the ecosystem that is the style forum, would be less likely than, say, spoo, to pass on these traits. Devolution is not a valid concept, for it presupposes that their exists an ideal toward which species are evolving to. As there is no such ideal in Darwinian thought, but rather a system of often transient advantageous adaptations the development of...
The story I heard was that Khaki and British tan, and so forth, entered menswear as a result of British Officers dying their cream coloured service dress with coffee in HM's warmer possessions to better blend in. The tan color was far less noticeable than cream.
Thank you. No, I was not at the IPCPR. I work at one of the corporate stores in NY. My manager was at the show, however. He and my coworkers have given me quite the crash course in Cigars in the last few months. It has become quite the passion.