or Connect

Posts by theinternet

Looks like my previous comment got lost in the shuffle. I am posting it again in the hopes that someone has some advice: So my replacement Cronmoks have the same issue with the heal separating from the sole that my first pair had. Is anyone else having this issue? I get the feeling the AE store employees are going to hate me when I return for a third time to replace these things. Should I just return them and move on to another model boot? This is very frustrating.
So my replacement Cronmoks have the same issue with the heal separating from the sole that my first pair had. Is anyone else having this issue? I get the feeling the AE store employees are going to hate me when I return for a third time to replace these things. Should I just return them and move on to another model boot? This is very frustrating.
After the heal started separating from the sole of my 1 day old first pair of Cronmoks, AE was nice enough to exchange them on the spot. Now I've gone back and looked at my year old Strands, and the SAME THING is happening! Is this a warranty/replacement situation, or am I SOL now that this pair is a year old?
With my first pair in the brown finish, two coats of Neatsfoot oil turned them into a deep brown and looked great. Almost as if they were well worn. I returned them after wearing them twice because the heal was separating from the sole. Hopefully this pair holds up.
Here is a shot of my tan Cronmoks a day after applying two rounds of Neatsfoot oil as promised. I have some Obenauf's HDLP on order and plan to do an application of that in the next week or so. Right now, the color is a shade or two lighter than my walnut Strands, and of course with a matte finish. The picture makes the boots look like they have a red hue, but it is not as pronounced in person. The stitching in the boots stands out more now that the leather has darkened a...
Ditto
No pictures, but I did size down from my normal 10.5D to a 10D for the McTavish. For the Cronmoks I went with an 11D because I like my boots to run a little large and the 10.5D just felt too tight in the toe box for me. Someone posted some pictures of their cognac McTavish pair a few pages back if you are looking for some pictures of it in the wild.
bpanicola, I just bought a pair of tan Cronmoks and a pair of cognac McTavish as well. I like the cut of your jib.
Just applied one coat of Neatsfoot oil to my replacement tan Cronmoks. Once the oil soaked in for about an hour the color was approaching AE's walnut finish, but matte and a bit muted. Later tonight I plan to do another round and let it settle overnight, then I'll try to post some pictures.
Sorry, can't help you there. I bought mine on Amazon for $9.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CS0YMI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00