or Connect

Posts by DocHolliday

You rang?
There's a whole casual WAYW filled with stuff that better typifies the recent direction of MC, IMO. The bracelet comment wasn't about bracelets so much as the general taste for dandified trends that were once more the domain of the Sartorialist.
The problem is that "improve" is subjective. I think there's been a fundamental shift in taste here, toward a much more fashiony, bracelet-wearing, GQ style. And that's fine. But there's no point in a small number of fuddy duddy vets trying to "save" people who don't want to be saved.I don't post much because there's not much that interests me. But hopefully others find value in it.
There's still Vox's Tumblr, but it's sadly lacking in John Steed.
Sometimes I find myself thinking, "This outfit could use a touch of old crone."
Backlash: double monks Rave reviews: Carminas (though could be teetering on saturation) EG's refusal to ship overseas during sales has done it no favors among the SF iGentry. Not really "backlash" so much as "spurned lover."
It's preference. The Torrent, from Ferragamo's Tramezza line, has an incredibly shallow wing, for a fashiony look. That one's too low for me, but I haven't spent much time thinking about it otherwise.
Windowpane suits are CBD?
My stuff of late isn't a uniform, but it's much simpler than it used to be. I have a few favorites that get worn again and again. So I get where he's coming from. That said, I suspect the many words he's devoted to his Foo-ish desire for a uniform reflect the overthinking he's trying to avoid. Better just to ease into it.
Looks nice, SB.