or Connect

Posts by DocHolliday

Mine does, to a degree, but then they dry and look OK again. But I'm in the minority here in thinking shell is a coarse material not well suited for dress shoes in general. Wouldn't consider another pair except for work boots/casual wear/abusive use.
That's what I do with my shell boots and consider it money well spent (though, admittedly, I bought mine on sale.) It's a coarse material suited to such tasks. They've been quite resilient to the abuse, though I found the shell met its match when up against a shovel. Right now my shell boots are sitting outside without trees, the poor things. It's a sad life for nice boots.
I must have blocked out the button boot fad. I wonder where you'd even find such a thing. (Of course, I wondered that about bal boots and they still became a thing.)
Yes, that's what I mean. They look like work boots. They're not "clunky" by work boots standards, so maybe that's not the word. But they're too coarse for city suits.I'm surprised that SF, with its hyper-vigilance about coherent combinations, hasn't turned its back on suede blucher boots.
I like to think of them as a deep-heating medicated balm that will provide relief later.
Definitely not. Nice boots but too clunky for a gray flannel, at least for the purposes of traditional good taste. Though pairing that combo with a bunch of bracelets and a murse might get you on a blog.
DD's lunatic lapels were look-at-me #menswear before there was #menswear.
Seems like an observation that can only be made from deep within the menswear paradigm, meaning it would never occur to anyone who doesn't post on a clothing forum and most of those who do. As such, I don't think I'd worry about that particular dead cat.
I find the Tie Bar knits poor. Thin, prone to pulls and the dots on the dotted ones come loose very quickly. The knits from Lands' End are pricier but much better value, IMO. (Unless they've downgraded them in the last few months.) Silk knits are the only ones I like. Wool feels like wearing a sock around your neck.
As one of the originators of the B&S mega-thread, I can tell you I didn't do all that work out of a sense of brotherhood and goodwill. As such, I take a less charitable view of the old B&S than many do. Back in the day, people were still making money -- often lots of money. But the retail discounts were far deeper and far more common, so the markup was less conspicuous and less painful. (And yes, maybe the volume made people willing to seek less profit on individual...