or Connect

Posts by DocHolliday

Matt's purple getup with the waistcoat didn't seem ordinary to me. This seems like a step back toward "clothes," at least compared with that.
Don't. Very old and dated.
Capaldi in costume: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10599910/First-picture-of-Peter-Capaldis-Doctor-Who-costume-revealed.html Very Pertwee gone punk.
I'm wearing flannels without cuffs today. They hang fine. But I prefer only a shiver of break and a slimmer trou, so it all fits together. I like cuffs on others, just prefer the sleeker look for myself.
I cuff almost nothing these days.
Cuffs, like patch pockets, are optional details that add a casual note to an outfit. They're inappropriate in certain settings, but their absence is never wrong ... except on the clothing forums.Cuffs aren't even that popular in the UK, the country that gave us so many of the rules SF likes to fret about.
I think fretting about the formality of cuffs in any setting other than black/white tie is getting lost in the SF weeds.
You're unlikely to find Blue Label at $700 retail, especially at a small shop. It would have had to have sat there for many years, considering the current MSRP. I wouldn't bother with any of the lesser diffusion stuff.
If you're worried about being the only one in a coat, I'd start with solids (the blazers you have) or cloths that resolve as solid -- donegal, barleycorn, etc. Versatile and less conspicuous than the dramatic/theatrical numbers SF favors.
If I were to start fretting about this sort of thing, I'd need to cull my sweater collection before taking on my footwear. Got some furry argyle Grover sweaters from the '60s you'd never see in the men's department today. And I have to confess to a fondness for a few of the elaborate "holiday" designs Ralph has put out. I have one that looks great on me but would look equally appropriate on my auntie.