or Connect

Posts by DocHolliday

Not crazy about that sort of square, personally (especially with the competing lines in the suit), but the whole looks nice.
You like it the lamb?
Re: Fok's point, I think it's natural people are going to come and go. Most people show up with a question, get what they need and go. Others become hobbyists and stay longer before moving on to something else. But that so many of the old folks are still here and not posting, or active elsewhere online, reflects very much the shift in the forum's direction. Not that that's bad, necessarily, just different.Thank you, but there's been a shift in attitudes toward critique...
I'd say the more significant shift is from discussion to acquisition. "Pattern matching as competitive sport" goes back to the earliest days of the forum, and is a common rite of passage. There's a natural tendency to peacock, especially for young guys, and far fewer folks here these days urging restraint. (Or at least fewer influential members willing to denounce things in forceful Foo-fashion.)This is one of the odder phenomena. I still see people spouting the old...
Tattersall sportcoat would look terrible. Don't do it. It would come across as a novelty coat at best. There are plenty of bold gun clubs/checks that would work instead. If you proceed, make sure the material is sufficiently durable.
SF is just at the front of the wide lapel fad. Come back in a few years and the song will have changed again.
I wouldn't describe most of what's posted these days as "conservative business dress," even in the lowercase. A lot of it doesn't look very businessy at all -- more louche Italian who likes to read the Chap.
Collar that big seems odd on a coat that short.
Just a black belt would do ... And maybe a white square.
Yes, that's right.If you're counting on the khakis-and-polo crowd (or non-suit-wearers in general) to parse the nuances of your suit color, I fear the distinction you're trying to draw is going to be lost on the vast majority of people.