or Connect

Posts by DocHolliday

It's over 9000!!!!!
Agree -- perfect. It's a name, a title and a state of being.
Why?
That was posted back before the forum decided to invent a formula for getting dressed. Looks nice.SF's aversion to darker trou still eludes me.
This might top the Blazersuit and half-suede bal boots to be the SF(etishistic) thing ever. Will be interested to see what they look like with wear. You got your trainers in my cordovan!
I'd agree with all that. Part of the problem is that guys today are often starting from scratch, or close to, because they have little to no experience with tailored clothing. Used to be, most guys learned this stuff growing up. If you're coming at it as an adult, you have to start somewhere, which brings me to my point: If you don't know what you're doing, and if you don't have the discipline to pass up false bargains, it doesn't matter if you're standing in a thrift or...
Also, in discussing the virtues of retail v. alternatives, let's not forget that this thread was founded to help a guy who splashed out too much money on expensive mistakes at Neiman.
This is what matters. It's not where you buy or what you spend, it's the knowledge and discipline you have when you make the purchase.
Thank you for filling in for me in my absence, and with a Steed pic I've never seen before to boot.I love a flared skirt.
That version of Leo Belgicus makes me think of phagocytosis. As an aside, I find squares that are very dark hard to use. I also don't like large dark areas juxtaposed too sharply against very light areas.