or Connect

Posts by Mildly Consumptive

We're allowed to cuff corduroy? Why didn't anyone tell me this? I like the summer colours, but aren't the cords a bit warm? Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Looks like they have a bit of drainage problem. There is water everywhere! Quote: Originally Posted by tropics played here on friday, nice course. nothing better than ireland on a sunny day, unfortunately is a rare thing!
Quote: Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer Golf is a stupid FCKING game. I am obsessed and a 4 hdcp but sometimes I wish I'd never started. Main point today is some of the stupid rules! Web Simpson was robbed out of a victory this weekend because his ball moved after he addressed it. He was assessed a one stroke penatly allowing the SD playoff to continue and he eventually lost to Bubba Watson. I think some of the rules are toooooooooo penal and out...
Quote: Originally Posted by yjeezle wreckin it on the driving range today..i can't wait to play tomorrow. edit: man i fail so hard... i played well for the first 6 holes (+3 over)... then it went downhill from there... ended up with 5 double pars... I feel your pain. I went out yesterday paired up with some "good" golfers. I started bogey, par, par. Sometimes I trick people into thinking I'm a good golfer. But then I forgot how to make...
Tom Watson has reduced the fundamentals of golf to a coffee table book. Probably the clearest, and most helpful golf instruction book I've ever read.
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Made a rule for myself as well...no driver except long, straight par fives. I can't hit it to save my life. Used my other woods and was much more successful. Also, I refuse to chip from close distances. I pitch and run. Actually, won't lie to you...I'm pretty good at that, but nothing else. I also didn't wear a glove, I felt like that helped me get a better sense of how tightly i was gripping the shaft. Can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by yjeezle tried it... doesn't work. Have you tried long sleeves and a hat?
Oh, and my club hasn't opened yet. I have been to a range a few times and hit off mats, which I hate. Also, I've been falling asleep visualizing my swing every night for the past month. Hopefully that'll be enough for the season opener. But seriously, I plan to hit the practice range pretty hard this year. I played 50 rounds last year, but forgot to practice, so my handicap didn't go anywhere. This year I aim to get my handicap down by 7 strokes by 1 July. I have a...
Replacing these windows must cost a fortune. Quote: Originally Posted by Pilot Some nice houses beside the course.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley G&R 120s - spread collar with rounded points: G&R?