or Connect

Posts by Mildly Consumptive

Handsome collars, though I would go for more tie space. Like the green too. Quote: Originally Posted by Getzione More shirts: Light blue and white+green stripes. Thomas Mason 120/2 Portland.
Oh, and I played my sixth round of the year today. I just managed to squeeze in 17 holes after work. My swing has been working really well this year. Like, I feel like a real golfer when I hit irons out there. And I've gotten very good at hitting low shots that run, and mildly good at hitting high, soft shots that stop. Despite this, I am not scoring as well as I would like. I probably need six practice sessions of putting and chipping.
Quote: Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer Played like crap this weekend but it's still early in the year. However, the views from our NM golf courses are great and it was a beautiful day, 75 degrees w/ 10% humidity, and NO wind! You don't like the wind? I quite enjoy trying to make shots in it.
Quote: Originally Posted by nootje ballesteros passed away. A real gentleman, and true golfing genius.. may he rest in peace... I didn't watch golf when he was around, but apparently he was one of the greats (5 majors), and paved the way for Europeans.
Quote: Originally Posted by fir3fox Wasn't he suppose to be working on his swing? It isn't working. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded...
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer I've read the same thing about Nicklaus, but it's a bit of a myth. Meh. It was just some shit I read in his book. Still, it would be a useful way for a touring pro to avoid unnecessary penalties. As a crappy amateur, I am not too concerned.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG These were just a couple of additions to the bag. The wedge is a Callaway X-Forged 60/10, and the three hybrid is a TaylorMade Burner. I realized I never did the whole "what's in your bag" thing. I started playing last year, so I'm still building, but I'm just about where I want to be. My gear: Cleveland HiBore XLS Driver Nike Victory Red 4-PW Cavity-Back Irons Callaway X-Forged 60/10 Wedge TaylorMade Burner 3...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG I hit the range over the weekend and had a strange day. My good shots were perfect, but my bad shots were embarassing. There was no in between. Also, my distances were wonky and compressed. I was clobbering my short irons, but that didn't translate to longer shots with my long irons. There was maybe 15-20 yards of difference in length between my nine and four irons. I finally got a chance to use my new clubs. I love...
Quote: Originally Posted by yjeezle how are you guys so good? -_-;;; i still can't seem to recover... i noticed that i'm swinging out to in causing either huge hooks or hitting the balls off the toe... *sigh* An outside-to-in swing path is unlikely to cause a hook. It can cause pulls though, where the ball starts left (for a right-handed golfer) and keeps going left in a straight line. Inside-to-out swings are more likely to cause...
Big Ben for (colder) three seasons. Conservative, but too heavy for normal people.