or Connect

Posts by Mildly Consumptive

Quote: Originally Posted by yjeezle i'm finally turning it around... played bogey golf today... That was my plan for today, but it didn't quite work out that way. I'm pretty sure my putter is broken. Or like, I have a child's putter or something.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG I do have to say, it's nice to finally be at a point where I can say "OK, X is solid, but I need to work on Y and Z." Until recently, I needed to work on everything from A-Z. It is nice to get X sorted. Then you fix Y, and think all that is left is Z. But by the time you fix Z, you find that X no longer works. Repeat until the end of the golf season or you break a club in frustration.
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta yeah teh course is definitely more of a challenge than it should be, in theory. I mean there are courses that are much more challenging yeah, and its not intimidating per se its just the layout and like three holes thatll fuck you up. that and the smell of sewage on the 11th. <3 public courses! What's the slope rating on the course?
Quote: Originally Posted by jessis Just starting out with this addictive/frustrating sport! I have bought a set of TM burners but only have an old driver. Any advice on a driver I should buy - $100 - $150. I am only 5'9" - not sure if that means anything! Thanks in advance. Something white. I hear they're better. But seriously, if you are new to the game, you probably want something forgiving. Clubs are pretty individual. The best...
You'd think, but it rarely works out that way. I had a bit of a case of "cement legs" this morning and shot my worst round so far this year. Thankfully, it is still much better than my worst round last year. Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta ...could be a passable round on Tuesday.
Is this a Oneshirt? Seems derivative. Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Six Dege & Skinner (Robert Whittaker) bespoke shirts in Simonnot-Godard voile, double cuffs. [photograph clickable for larger image if you wish] - B
Also, on the matter of golf instruction, I've taken lessons in the past and practiced under a pro's supervision, but it wasn't until reading this book that I finally got control of my golf swing. Tom Watson (8 majors) has reduced the fundamentals of golf to an extremely well illustrated coffee=table book. The first 3 pages of the book were a bit of a revelation. He says two important but under-emphasized principles are finding the bottom of your arc, and maintaining a...
I must admit, I only have two wedges; a pitching wedge and a sand wedge. I'd very much like a 60* lob wedge, but am not allowed to buy any golf clubs until I bring my handicap down 7 strokes (which shouldn't be too hard as it is comically high, and I have learned how to swing a club properly this year).
Quote: Originally Posted by Getzione I think the tiespace is just right. Ofcourse, this is a matter of opinion. Glad you like the green. Of course. It is a matter of personal preference.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker More tie space? As in a wider collar? No, as in more space between where the collar wings meet in the middle. It keeps your tie from getting mushed down by your collar, which can happen even with a spread collar, especially if you don't have an especially high stand on the collar.