Posts by ike_hiking_boots

Well if that is their case their VAT free policy is somewhat misleading if they are increasing the price of the goods for US based customers.Here's END's VAT free policy with no mention of an increase in the base price:Do you offer a VAT discount to non EU customers?Yes, if you're shipping destination is a non EU destination then our prices already have VAT removed.However END do offer a price match policy:Do you price match?Yes, we are more than happy to match the prices...
Currently Tres Bien is a price match with END for Common Projects on all styles give or take £1 (promotional codes excluded).END also offer VAT free purchases on all their goods for item shipped outside of the EU. They are the same price as fransboone on a like for like basis on CPs (340 Euros = £290). The difference is the Netherland VAT rate is 21% as opposed to the UK VAT rate of 20%, which makes the fransboone price marginally cheaper by approximately a couple of...
Not taking any issue but you did state "as the supplier/manufacturer… …since they're US based" as part of the same sentence - which implies you thought the product was made in the US (and no mention of legal matters or that their head office is based in NYC). I don't know if the price for US customers has gone up this season, it may have gone up? Either way, the US price is still higher than UK price. Regardless I never buy CPs at full retail. So who are these European...
I digress, a finished cuff could look very nice on a pair of cotton khaki trousers, whatever your age. Margaret Howell actually used to finish a lot of their trousers with a cuff like the one shown in post #453. A sloppy break and roll on narrow trousers, especially with the heavier moleskin, doesn't work that well in my experience. One of the reasons you often see them rolled in these lookbook shots is because these are unfinished samples and they don't have time to hem...
You are aware that CPs are made in Italy (not the US) and the US price is still more than what we pay here in the UK even with the post-Brexit price increases?Just spray the bag with Nano Protector - problem solved.
I can say that it's not stitched under the ventile, it's shaved.
is this level of finishing acceptable? it looks like the shearling has been shaved back far to strongly around the edge.
http://www.cabourn.com/men/new-arrivals
Def. go with wool. if it bobbles a bit uses an electric bubble shaver. Have you looked at M&S? they offer their blazers in short regular and long lengths. they also use good quality fabrics from English cloth-makers on some of their jackets.