or Connect

Posts by gusvs

Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang Do they have boxes that match all their fabrics? Of course!
After 3 months wait, my 2 MTM Finamore shirts arrived. Having no previous experience with Finamore, I made these shirts mostly as an experiment. Father and son Finamore were in the shop to take measures, which added to the experience. I must say the result was over my expectations - the fit is extraordinary, to the level of my bespoke Matuozzos actually!
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Are you sure the Borrelli jackets were real tweed? Anyway, the high-end RTW makers like to do a partial lining because it is falsely associated with higher quality--even when it may not be the optimal choice for the particular jacket. Yes, they were real tweed for sure. Anyway, I agree with your thoughts on the false connection to better quality - you have made me change my mind once again - fully lined it...
With casual wear I use this messenger bag in nylon and leather from Felisi: http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/sunny...302719747.jpeg
I was in quite a lot of shops today (New Year's sale started today), and while I made no particular sales bargains, I did see a lot of Donegal tweed jackets with quarter lining only. Borrelli for example had them all quarter lined. Not too bad actually. Hmm, thought I had decided on fully lined, but now I got confused...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan I'd get it fully lined; the jacket will be less likely to get caught up on your shirt. I don't think the amount of lining affects the way a jacket looks from the outside. Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRogers +1 and there would be no 'thermal' benefit to leaving the back unlined, with this sort of cloth, anyway. Good luck with it; it sounds lovely :-) Thanks. I think I will...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuro Back in Osaka for New Year's and today begins Bargain Sale at all the stores...first stop will be Hankyu Men's which is the department store equivalent of Men's Ex + Leon combined. They have all the brands discussed here, both tailored (Kiton to Arnys to yes, Tom Ford) and designer (Jil SAnder, Balenciaga, etc), a shoe salon with EG, Corthay, Santoni, etc. with a repair shop that stocks Saphir goods. Also they have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Check out the 1936 Meyer & Mortimer partways down on the first page of one of my old threads. - B Looks very good Bill. It's not scratchy at all? Quote: Originally Posted by July I wouldn't get it quarter-lined. gusvs, is that 885500? If so, I commissioned a jacket in that same fabric and almost the exact same style. I requested that it be half-lined. I tried on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiserSose Any idea what boots he is wearing in the second pic? Those are Crockett & Jones according to the magazine.
I am making up a jacket in a dark brown H&S 12 Oz Donegal Tweed. http://www.hollandandsherry.com/page...d_II_hs546.htm I am doing a 3 roll 2, unconstructed with 2 patch pockets and welted breast pocket. However, I have still not decided on the lining - my tailor recommends full lining due to the rough structure of the tweed. Normally, I prefer softer jackets and am therefore considering quarter lined (only to cover the shoulders). What do you all think, is it unwise...