or Connect

Posts by gusvs

With casual wear I use this messenger bag in nylon and leather from Felisi: http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/sunny...302719747.jpeg
I was in quite a lot of shops today (New Year's sale started today), and while I made no particular sales bargains, I did see a lot of Donegal tweed jackets with quarter lining only. Borrelli for example had them all quarter lined. Not too bad actually. Hmm, thought I had decided on fully lined, but now I got confused...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan I'd get it fully lined; the jacket will be less likely to get caught up on your shirt. I don't think the amount of lining affects the way a jacket looks from the outside. Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRogers +1 and there would be no 'thermal' benefit to leaving the back unlined, with this sort of cloth, anyway. Good luck with it; it sounds lovely :-) Thanks. I think I will...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuro Back in Osaka for New Year's and today begins Bargain Sale at all the stores...first stop will be Hankyu Men's which is the department store equivalent of Men's Ex + Leon combined. They have all the brands discussed here, both tailored (Kiton to Arnys to yes, Tom Ford) and designer (Jil SAnder, Balenciaga, etc), a shoe salon with EG, Corthay, Santoni, etc. with a repair shop that stocks Saphir goods. Also they have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Check out the 1936 Meyer & Mortimer partways down on the first page of one of my old threads. - B Looks very good Bill. It's not scratchy at all? Quote: Originally Posted by July I wouldn't get it quarter-lined. gusvs, is that 885500? If so, I commissioned a jacket in that same fabric and almost the exact same style. I requested that it be half-lined. I tried on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiserSose Any idea what boots he is wearing in the second pic? Those are Crockett & Jones according to the magazine.
I am making up a jacket in a dark brown H&S 12 Oz Donegal Tweed. http://www.hollandandsherry.com/page...d_II_hs546.htm I am doing a 3 roll 2, unconstructed with 2 patch pockets and welted breast pocket. However, I have still not decided on the lining - my tailor recommends full lining due to the rough structure of the tweed. Normally, I prefer softer jackets and am therefore considering quarter lined (only to cover the shoulders). What do you all think, is it unwise...
[quote=jamaican;1603658] Quote: Originally Posted by gusvs... [URL=http://imageshack.us [/url] I think the next foray into the world of wingtip may be an EG like the one in Gus's pic above - what is the name of that EG model please? Inverness. I have them in black as well. I think they are absolutely gorgeous on the 888 last.
Quote: Originally Posted by forex These are sick boots,I am +1000
Quote: Originally Posted by speedster.8 Nice selection! Good to see the basics in brown shoes covered This picture confimed my need for an other full brogue ... Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 Great great shoes. Beauties. Thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by jjl5000 JL sale... (shoes look too light due to the flash) Nice! [quote=Ged;1601404] Quote: Originally...