or Connect

Posts by gusvs

I am thinking about getting a country boot for weekend walks - colour Almond Country Calf and with a Dainite sole. However, I am torn between the G&G Thorpe and the EG Nevis. I have a few EG's already and I am very happy with the quality and fit. I have no experience with G&G shoes other than trying them on in stores (they seem to fit me just as well as EG), and have never seen the Thorpe IRL, but from pictures the Thorpe looks very sleek and I basically prefer the look...
That's me on the picture These pants are 20cm wide at the bottom (uncuffed), and are fairly tapered. I basically said I wanted slim fitting trousers, they gave suggestions and this is what came out of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bsquared Interesting comments,thanks. I have this problem on trousers with 2 inch cuffs, so I do not think cuffs alone will solve the problem. +1. As much as I like OTC socks, I tend to avoid them because they stick. I have this problem both with wool and cotton socks, and on cuffed pants.
Quote: Originally Posted by Upyu Thanks all, for the informative replies! Rach: Do you have any other suggestions you might add?? Gusvs: Offhand do you know how much they charge for alterations (waist suppression, slight shoulder alteration etc)? Sorry I don't remember. They are not the cheapest though, but very good. Men's Ex had a special a couple of months ago on alterations, and Rrozestt seemed to be in their top 5 as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Upyu Great! I'm in the Mejiro area off of the Yamanote, so pretty much any area along that line would be extra convenient. I don't need the alterations done super fast, and I was thinking of spending 20,000 at most :-p (Sorry I've only ever had a suit made from scratch, so I have no idea how much alterations cost) Thanks so much for the input btw, it's much appreciated! I recommend Rrozestt in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Hober My compliments to your wife. She is talented and made a nice choice of prints. Thanks David. The "how-to" guide on your webpage was a great help!
^ Looking very nice! Congrats!
Quote: Originally Posted by sartorialexecutive Beautiful shirt. Which fabric is it made from? Thank you. I do not know exactly, it was from a "Finamore special" book, but I think it is Carlo Riva.
Quote: Originally Posted by 630 So I drew a little bit of inspiration from this thread and picked up a couple of different gingham fabrics from Walmart for my girlfriend and I to try the same thing. What kind of process/stitch did she use? She basically just looked at my other pocket squares, and also at this guide from Sam Hober: http://www.samhober.com/howtomakeapo...cketsquare.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 Is the first one a Liberty of London print? Regardless, very nice, all of them. Thanks everyone for your compliments, they make my wife very happy! Yes, they are all Liberty of London prints, as a matter of fact.