or Connect

Posts by martinsth

That brown Macclesfield tie at the bottom of the first picture looks fantastic. Too bad it does not seem to be available anymore. Would look great with a navy suit.
Nice. Is the brown one on the lower right the Macclesfield 135?
Anyone else have any experience/views on whether a fresco mixed with 30% mohair (like the Minnis 0577) wears warmer than an all fresco fabric?
^ Thanks. Too bad that none of the all frescos come in the same mid-blue color as the 0577. I suppose I will go for the 0520, even though I would have loved it to be of a somewhat lighter hue.
Been searching this thread for views on the above mentioned fabric - ie Minnis Fresco 0577, which is a mix with 30% mohair. Does anybody have any experience on whether this wears warmer or as cool compared to other fresco fabrics?
I have tried to speak to UPS, but I just got fed up with being connected to an endless number of people where none could even remotely explain the basis for this charge. I simply don't have the time or the energy to fight this, so I bit the bullet and paid up. Depending on how Meermin will handle this, I'll decide on whether I will consider making future orders or not.
I got a very unpleasant surprise from UPS on my latest order. Whilst the US duty import rate is about 8%, UPS now request me to pay a brokerage fee which represents a whopping 43% add-on to what I have already paid Meermin for the shoes. So for an order of $424, I will now have to pay an additional $180 (of which only about $40 is US duty fees). Just to be clear, this add-on does not include the €35 shipping fee that I paid when I initially made my order on the Meermin...
Haha. Im not sure, but I think my legs have a pretty normal shape, so perhaps my stance is a bit odd Im not unhappy with the length of the trousers, as I prefer minimum break. All opinions and personal taste of course. Agree about the rear part.
I probably was a bit too hands-off, as I really liked what I had seen from them before. I mentioned some of the points at the second meeting, but was told I should wear it for a while to decide on any changes for the third fitting.
I agree. I wanted to show about half an inch of shirt cuff or so. Hopefully it can be fixed.