or Connect

Posts by kmistry

So I've been living in the UAE for the last few months and the tailoring here is very cheap and quite good at some places (i.e. $20 for a made to measure shirt). However, I remain skeptical of the quality of their fabrics. Is there a good place online where you can buy a few yards of the fabric you might find on a brooks brothers, charles tyrwhitt, thomas mason shirt?
Maybe my search skills are lacking, but has anyone put together a Memorial day sales thread or list? Or is there some great site I don't know about?
I'm looking for a nice pair of selvedge jeans in a slim or "carrot" kind of fit. Usually, the gap version of this fits me well but I am looking for something a little higher quality. Any suggestions?
Deadstock bundeswehr - Good condition - only tried on in the house once, unfortunately they don't fit me. My friend, who is a sz 11 tried these on and said they fit well.   The mesh on top of the footbed in one of the soles has come off a little, but it does not impede use.     If anyone has these in sz 12 US which I think is probably 295 mondopoint I would be happy to do a trade, in fact if you have any sz 12 shoe you might like to trade let me know. Otherwise...
Good condition - only tried on in the house once, unfortunately they don't fit me. The mesh on top of the footbed in one of the soles has come off a little, but it does not impede use. If anyone has these in sz 12 US which I think is probably 295 mondopoint I would be happy to do a trade, in fact if you have any sz 12 shoe you might like to trade let me know. Otherwise $80 shipped CONUS. Can provide refs if necessary- thanks for looking, KM
Recently got a pair of GATs but they don't fit me. They are labeled as german 285 and they seem to be a US 11. Was wondering if anyone had any interest and then I can post photos etc. Also would be happy to trade for a pair in US 12. Let me know, KM
regardless, you would say they are two versions of hoodie- rather than a lower tier model and a higher end one. thanks for the help
I own a few Zara items. I tend to put them above H&M, below J. Crew. Zara proves very tempting especially as it isn't absurdly expensive and the items are very aesthetically pleasing. But at the end of the day I would just look out for a used version of the higher end piece of clothing they are trying to copy. Zara quality is mediocre and their pieces often look better on the shelf. And it's such a shame because they do a great job of imitating exactly what loafers I want.
Is there a quality dif b/w W+H tiger and terry? Or is terry more lightweight, springish and tiger heavier, more of a wintery layer?
Hitting up NYC tomorrow. Anywhere I should stop by?