or Connect

Posts by Accountancy

Yes. I have been walking extensive distances in my dress shoes. In some I can walk all evening and be perfectly comfortable. Heck I've gone on hikes in my dress shoes (don't always get the chance to stop off back home). But in others my feet start to feel tired and painful after 5 minutes.If your shoe is uncomfortable, it's probably not the right fit. And I'm sorry to say that too because I've blown $$$ on shoes that now pain me to walk in because I didn't take the time to...
Wow I love the lapels on that Davide Taub one. I kind of wish now I had seen this exampe before I commissioned mine. I'm afraid I'm too far along to make too many changes...
Hello all. I am actually going in this weekend for the next fitting of the overcoat I'm having made for myself. I'll post some pictures of mine as well after it's completion since there seems to be so much interest in this type of item.
The first thing you made me think of was the Rado Coupole, one of my favorites.
I'm sure you'll like the midnight blue XKxRome0ox. Mr. Choi tried to talk me into it a couple times (he seems to really like it). It looked quite nice but a little too close to black for me so I decided to go with a slightly lighter shade.
Hi guys. I saw this had been bumped back up so I figured I would post some of my experience. I have only personally had experience with two different tailors for suits - Hahn's and Savile Row, both in Itaewon. I was very unimpressed with Hahn's. The jacket came out with a horrible cut - the chest floated far too high off the body and when buttoned there was almost no spread at the bottom of the jacket. Additionally, when I asked the proprietor to address these concerns...
Thank you all for the feedback! I will ditch the plan for the brown suit and consider something with white a pinstripe instead. Blackhood, I actually nearly had a "midnight blue" suit made but I backed off after deciding it seemed too indistinguishable from black. Is a midnight blue that easy to pull off? I have one lawyer friend with a midnight blue suit, and the first time I saw it I mistook it for black. As for shirts, most of mine right now are white and light...
I plan on taking a new job in London fairly soon (my first time to the UK). It's in the City, a finance/accounting environment and very conservative from what I've been told. I'm currently in Asia and so I am taking advantage of the local suit makers to have a few done before my move. So far I have made a very dark navy and a medium grey/charcoal. I was considering to additionally make a 1) medium navy, 2) darker charcoal, 3) dark brown with a sharkskin weave. Does...
I have tried a few OTR brands in hope of finding a good slim-fitting shirt that I can order from anywhere in the world without having to worry about going to a specific MTM shop to have done. I am a 15/34. I tried two commonly mentioned brands - CT and TM Lewin. The CT shirt (slim-fit) I was very unhappy with. It was far too baggy on me, in both the waist and the chest. It's right now sitting in my closet and won't be worn until I take it to the tailor to have it...
I was recently in Saks Off Fifth while traveling and they had a big rack of Brioni ties at $100 for one, and the second for $50. (And a couple remaining Charvet ties for about $65 before special discounts, but in no patterns I liked). I ended up passing on them because this was actually my first in-person exposure to Brioni ties, and I was a little bit intimidated by their width. They seemed far bulkier than the 3.25 ties I up till now have tried to stick to, and so I...