or Connect

Posts by etkl

I have gone to AC several times with the intention of getting something made but I have never pulled the trigger. Some of it has to do with the fact that I have a shitload of shirting and the NY store doesn't do CMT. However, the last I looked they did have an inventory of such relics as Viyella in the old wool/cotton mix for a song.When I was there last they had an offer to do a completely handstitched shirt for a $150 premium. I subsequently read here that the upcharge...
I have heard that it is hard to navigate Naples. All the more reason to value the experience of those who have endeavored to do so rather than stick with the safer choices..
I believe that Ascot Chang does that as well.
That's partially true but not entirely. As a reader of the posts on this subject, I find more value in what Marco has to say than Foo because of Marco's more varied experience. As someone who has never been to Naples I am interested in more than what one maker has to offer. For Foo, it's AM or nothing. Otherwise, why would he go to Geneva, which is as far from the Naples experience as I imagine it to be. From my limited experience and from what others with greater...
I have never worn AM bespoke but I have seen pictures and I must confess that the shapeliness and airiness to which you refer were not visually obvious to me; as opposed to the handwork, which attracts the most discussion. Certainly not distinctive in the way that the Huntsman and A & S jackets are. I have had shirts made by two Neopolitan makers; one made me a shirt that was tight and ill-fitting, the other (NSM) made me three shirts that fit fairly well and were not at...
And that is the point I am getting at.
I'll try once more. Do you believe AM is the only shirtmaker in the world who can provide you with the fit, finish and soft factors that you are looking for? As I recall, you chose Rubi and AM because you liked the way they looked on Iamatt. Have you tried any other custom shirtmakers other than AM and Geneva?
1. I think that, all things being equal, most peolple would consider a 30% premium to be a significant factor in their purchasing decisions.2. To make my point clearer, do you doubt that there are Neoipolitan shirtmakers who can offer you the same fit and finish as AM for a significantly lower price? If so, why? If not, have you looked having your shirts made by any other maker in Naples?
AM charges what she does because she can get her price. But, as you stated, price is not necessarily a proxy for quality, particularly in an imperfect market like Naples. Do you doubt Marco's claim that there are Neopolitan shirtmakers at least her equal who charge considerably less? If so , why? If not, aren't you curious at to who they be?
They just made me a SB coat with a detachable (button-in) belt. I don't know how to post pictures but if you want to see what it looks like (with the belt), there's a picture posted on the FrancoErcole tumbler.