or Connect

Posts by etkl

Can you order a shirt w/o any hand sewing? Is that what you get for 350 euro?
FWIW, even mathematical logic has its limits. Any logical system from which the rules of arithmatic can be derived will be "incomplete"; that is, there will always be some proposition that can neither be proven nor disproven.
I understand the distinction you are making but I'm not clear on whether you are defining expressions of good taste in terms of the convetnions that exist in a particular time and place? For example, do you determine whether a suit is in good taste based on some sort of convention, whether it is based on popular tastes or the taste of a special few? If so, is there necessarily a relatioinship between that convention and permanent aesthestics? If not, must the good taste...
Assuming 1)the ontological issues are as you stated and 2)there is a rational basis for aesthetics (a far from trivial proposition), your conclusion that good taste with regard to clothing exists does not inevitably follow unless you accept that the aesthetics of clothing are rationally based, which is not self-evident either. Moreover, your positions on the relevance of convention appear to be contradictory. On one hand, you assert the exercise in this thread to...
No. I just have a bad case of ADD and a tendency to drift off at the end of a long post, even one I'm interested in like yours.
Ooops. Missed it.
Unless there is some reason not, I would post the name of the shop in the hope that Marco, T4 or someone else reading this is familiar with it.
I never even remotely suggested that "anything coming out Naples" shares common aesthetic attributes with everything else that comes out of Naples, notwithstanding your ipse dixit reliance on "simple logic". If you were paying attention, you would know that I was questioning your assumption that no Neopolitan makers can satisfy your needs at a cheaper price, particularly given that you have only used one Neopolitan shirtmaker. Again, I seriously doubt that AM's methods of...
I value your opinion based on the breadth of your experience. Is AM your go- to shirtmaker? Is there another maker in Naples or elsewhere that you can recommend at a lower price?
What's hard to understand is that AM and Geneva shirts appear to be totally different animals and your move from one to the other seems to reflect a drastic change in taste. I assume your original due diligence led you to Geneva well before AM, given that you live in NYC. But you opted for AM. Yet having been satisfied with your aesthetic experience with AM, I would have thought your next step would have been to another Neopolitan maker, rather than Geneva. I guess your...