or Connect

Posts by etkl

It should. It's great cloth. Do you live north of Canada?
I think the 16 oz is great as well, just not as versatile.
For me, the Lesser 13 oz has been my favorite suiting in terms of look and utility.
Maybe we run in different circles. LOL. But even when I go to NYC to eat/ and/or shop, which is at least a weekly event, I don't see much of any of this stuff. Even traditional overcoats have been replaced to some extent by trenchcoats, Barbours or some substitute. I love ovrcoats and continue to make them up, but if my choices were determined by need, I would have stopped long ago.
There's no question that DB's have been out of "fashion" in the US since the '50's. I can't remember the last time that a mainstream RTW company featured them. But that's more or less true about pocket squares, hats and other clothing and accessories frequently discussed on this board. I have been at firms with anywhere from 100 to over 1000 lawyers and I rarely see anyone wearing any of those things. However I wear DB's often and at this point peolpe don't even take a...
Birdseyes, pindots and sharkskins are all twill weaves that hold a crease and last forever. I don't think any of them, including sharkskin, are inherently shiny, and they do not tend to develop a shine. If you want something with a bit of fuzz look for a worsted with a semi-milled finish like Botany. There also were Lesser 13 oz that fit that description in the past, but I don't know about current books.
Since you're in NY, you might check Tip Top.I just got back from there and they have many bolts of quality tweed coatings including some densely woven Harris barleycorn in several colors that must be pretty close to 20gms.. Not sure if any are as dark as you are looking for. I picked up a couple of yards in a grayish oatmeal melange somewhat similar to one of the LL cloths. It's $29 per yard single width.
Thanks. The reason I ask is that if the way AM cuts is the distinguishing feature of her shirts and you don't really care about the hand stitched bells and whistles that do not enhance the fit or make of the shirt, you may be able to get the biggest bang for your buck by foregoing all of the extra needle work.
As a practical matter, judgements of good taste are made in this thread based on a number of ad-hoc ill-defined rules (axioms) of good taste. I suppose a group of wise men (DH's) could formulate a set of rules that govern most (but, as Godel proved in mathematics, not all) questions of good taste. But these axioms would invariably be subjective, tied to convention and controverfsial.What I find more interesting is that Manton apparently believes (if I am reading him...
Can you order a shirt w/o any hand sewing? Is that what you get for 350 euro?