or Connect

Posts by etkl

Well that made my day.
okOk, let's compromise. I can see them with tweed suits. Lol. BTW, what has RJman opined on the matter?
I thought that at a distance the finish and color variation of this stuff was supposed to be "subtle"? Even on my crappy monitor it screams burlap and, therefore in my view, is incompatible with business wear. Why would you drop a few grand on a bespoke suit to achieve a measure of elegance only to pair it with a shirt that would look more appropriate in a classroom or on a hike. With tweed, sure. With a suit, never.
Amen
I am the member to whom Dopey referred and share his feelings about Burgos. Carmen Burgos does the measurements and fittings and appears quite competent. After they make the few relatively minor adjustments to the first draft, I will try to post pictures. She will be in NYC until Sunday and plans to return after the summer. She also said she would visit more frequently if she had more customers. Of course, she might have more customers if she visited more frequently. Dopey...
Actually, in my experience the opposite is usually true. Most, but not all, of the tailors I have used mark up the price of goods. In fact, there was a time not so long ago that mils, nerchants and their agents would not sell to the public in part to allow tailors to make a profit on cloth.
The thread fineness in shirting, much like suiting, contributes to the relative fineness of the cloth. Much of what is called chambray is made of yarns that are nowhere near 120's, much less 200's, For example, as stated above, Bonfanti's chambray, Levanto, is 40/2 x 30/1 and looks and feels entirely different from anything made from 120-200's yarns. The roughness of the fabric and the alternating colors combine to approximate the look and feel of denim, which I think is...
For me, fuzzy doesn't go with dress shirting. To me it's as incongruous as wearing 200's shirting with tweed. I have chambray shirts along the fineness spectrum but I generally reserve them for casual wear.
Do those of you who like the look of a rough chambray wear it with suits? Personally I don't see the allure of pairing a denim look-alike with business dress.
I don't like tie space on any collar, including BD's. Is a BD with little to no tie space "wrong."