or Connect

Posts by etkl

I just caught this. I have no connection to Tip Top other than as a customer but I do these remarks to be offensive. You essentially have accused them of criminal conduct (marketing counterfeit goods) based on hearsay (I gather you have never been there) and, if false, those accusations are per se defamatory. I suggest that you let your "sources" speak for themselves. Otherwise, your rumor mongering does no one any good and has the potential to harm a business that, in my...
I have bought tons of fabric from Tip Top (and other jobbers) and I've never seen anything that remotely struck me as counterfeit. They generally get closeouts frommiills, merchants, clothing manufacturers and, to a small extent, tailors. I wouldn't vouch for their expertise or for the quality of all of the cloth they sell but I've never had reason to question the authenticity of their goods.
I was going to use that acronym but I wasn't sure if it is used in your neck of the woods.
Does Ripense work on cloth provided by the customer and, if so, what is the cost of labor only for a two-piece suit?
Who are the shirtmakers that you generally use?
They are different companies. A Harrison is owned by Bulmer Lumb, the same company that owns Taylor & Lodge. It gets especially confusing given that Harrisons of Edinburgh is a third distinct company with the Harrison name.
Well that made my day.
okOk, let's compromise. I can see them with tweed suits. Lol. BTW, what has RJman opined on the matter?
I thought that at a distance the finish and color variation of this stuff was supposed to be "subtle"? Even on my crappy monitor it screams burlap and, therefore in my view, is incompatible with business wear. Why would you drop a few grand on a bespoke suit to achieve a measure of elegance only to pair it with a shirt that would look more appropriate in a classroom or on a hike. With tweed, sure. With a suit, never.