or Connect

Posts by AR_Six

Just dropping in to say thanks; these shots helped me decide to purchase a pair for myself that are now en route.And since I'm here,
Measurements?
The pencil thing does not do anything to alleviate the problem. As I said, apparently another member had the same thing happen and Alden said it was a defect. I'm waiting to hear something from them. The shoes fit just fine - snugger than a couple of my other Aldens, actually. I would be unable to size down.
Thanks. This is good info. I'm going to see if I can get some info from the seller and then see what I can get BB or Alden to do about it. I won't be wearing them until the problem's resolved.I do imagine that they could repair them at this stage before any real creasing has occurred, just by reinforcing the toe so that it doesn't bend. But I'm not a cobbler; that's just what makes sense to me.
Yeah, I posted this in the Alden thread and someone responded that they had the same problem, which ultimately ended up like this:
You really don't think that's an abnormal creasing pattern? The toe cap shouldn't crease at all, afaik. Normally I'd think creasing too far forward is a sign of the wrong length shoe, but not so here. The shoe isn't creasing, it's like shell cordovan subduction. It's not folding; instead, one piece of leather is pushing up over the other piece of leather creating a bubble. I don't know what it'd look like after 100 wears, but I don't think it's supposed to do that.
Negative! Brooks Brothers no longer sells 'em. I purchased them from someone who purchased two pairs when BB was selling the shoes, but never wore his "backup" pair and eventually decided to part with them. It'd really suck to have to give them up immediately after finally getting them, I've wanted this particular shoe for a while. They're currently sitting on trees pending some sort of response from Alden, but I guess I could talk to BB if that doesn't pan out.
So. I finally managed to get a pair of BBBF shell longwings which I've wanted for basically ever and they're awesome shoes and feel great. Fit is excellent, need a break-in but already quite comfy. However, after wearing them for one day (bought new in box), I have discovered a problem, depicted in yonder video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-yxkxm9srA See how the right shoe creases perfectly, but the left seems to have one crease at the vamp, and then the next few...
Yo yo yo yo yo. So. I finally managed to get a pair of BBBF shell longwings which I've wanted for basically ever and they're awesome shoes and feel great. Fit is excellent, need a break-in but already quite comfy. However, after wearing them for one day (bought new in box), I have discovered a problem, depicted in yonder video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-yxkxm9srA See how the right shoe creases perfectly, but the left seems to have one crease at the vamp, and then...
I already flagged his post. That shit is so annoying for some reason, I have no idea why.