or Connect

Posts by jawboneofa

Wow, great stuff.
Are you Victor's father?
I picked up this blazer secondhand and had some serious alterations done. It fit well in the shoulders and the length is good IMO, but it was huge everywhere else. Generally speaking, I'm happy with what my tailor did in bringing in the sides and adjusting the chest but I'm not happy with the way the skirt seems to be flaring out. Despos, any advice on what exactly to tell my tailor to do to correct this? I think the second picture shows what I am talking about best, but...
For sale is a 3 1/2" tan silk (60%) and linen (40%) blend with a beige stripe running diagonally, bordered by two light blue pencil stripes. This is an incredible summer tie with some great texture and visual interest. It is in perfect condition, NWOT. $80 $55 Includes shipping CONUS
If so, that is a brilliant piece of product review trolling.
Maybe that review is supposed to be in the person of Nick Carraway from the Great Gatsby? He's definitely a Yalie who would be gifted something by someone named Daisy.
Pardon the false alarm; looks like they are in fact produced in Germany, as a quick perusal of Drake's product pages would have told me. Carry on, nothing to see here.
Thanks, Ed; that's good to know. I'll send Drake's an email and report back.
At the end of last month I purchased a navy silk knit on eBay under the auspices that it was by Drake's. When it arrived, I noticed that it had a somewhat noticeable bump running down the length of the center of the tie, an impression from the seam on the back. This being my first foray into silk knits, I didn't assume it necessarily indicated anything in regards to quality or authenticity. Besides that, I liked the tie, and wore it once, receiving a couple of...
FC, I always thought of grenadine ties as particularly appropriate for summer; are they not in your opinion? Or are you simply tired of seeing them?