or Connect

Posts by jawboneofa

Hey guys, I have a NWOT Drake's beige check tie for sale. 3.25" by 58". I just recently picked up another Drake's that is very similar and don't need two of the same design. Tried it on once inside the house and never even wore it out. 100% silk and excellent quality. Asking $75 $70, including shipping CONUS.
That's a great price. Would love to try them out before prices start rising.
Wow that is gorgeous.
I'll echo what everyone else said about the color being too light. It's just too informal a color for such a formal suit. And it makes the contrasting collar (a detail I like when tuxes are midnight blue) look odd. Additionally, the jacket looks to be a little short, and the waist just a tad too suppressed.
RDiaz, Simon Crompton just authored an article about panamas at the Financial Times' How to Spend It website that you might be interested in: http://howtospendit.ft.com/mens-fashion/31923-how-to-buy-a-panama Good timing.
Maybe because you're wearing a heavy or close-weaved cotton (or both)? Won't matter if your jacket is unlined if the cloth doesn't breathe.
That's pretty restrained; the jacket's right patch pocket isn't even contrasting. [/sarcasm]
Bought a light blue rugby, silver cufflinks, and a linen pocket square from KW a month or two ago. Had a really great experience. When the rugby came, the button on the left sleeve placket was pretty high up, near the cuff. I wasn't sure if it was a defect, because honestly it was a pretty small thing. Still, I emailed KW, and he sent a replacement rugby by the end of the week. Kent was generous enough to let me keep both. Really love the fit of the rugby, so I'm even...
Concur with Lefty. Truth is, Dublin isn't a particularly "Irish" city, when compared to the stereotypical (in a good way) vision of the Emerald Isle. You should be able to get to Doolin in around 3 hours by car, which is on the west coast and a good base for hiking the Cliffs of Moher. Galway is even closer, and the Aran Islands are a fun day trip on the ferry from Galway. Alternatively, Connemara National Forest is just west of Galway, and makes for a really beautiful...
I only spent a day there during my trip, so I don't have many recommendations. The Guinness factory was very neat, even if it is a rather obvious suggestion.