or Connect

Posts by jawboneofa

Do you have a measurement for the sleeve length?
Almost everyone here will caution you strongly from going to JaB or MW. I'd suggest trying out J Crew; their ludlow suit line is decent. Also check out Suit Supply; there's one in Seattle I think. P.S. Why does it have to be black? Are you playing some part in the ceremony? I'd suggest going for something grey or navy if that's an option. If it has to be close to black, go charcoal grey. At least you'll be able to wear it outside of formal occasions.
For sale is a lovely tie from Marinella; the ties has a brown base with a navy floral neat pattern. The tie is a 2nd, as shown by the cut tag, but I can't find any fault with it. A really great tie, but I simply never wear it. 3.5" wide by 60" long. Asking $65, including shipping CONUS.
For sale is a lovely silk twill repp stripe tie from Italian tie maker Arcuri by way of Linkson Jack. 3.25 inches wide by 58 inches long, the tie has a navy ground with adjacent light blue and red pencil stripes; the last picture shows the colors most accurately. No longer available on Linkson Jack–other LJ repp ties retail for $90. New with tags. Asking $75 $40, shipping CONUS included.
For sale is a beautiful houndstooth cashmere tie from Ralph Lauren Purple Label. Checks in at 3.5" wide and 58" long. It ties a really beautiful knot, and is a lovely black/ecru pattern. Asking $80 $65, CONUS shipping included.
For sale is a lovely new-without-tags Drakes ancient madder tie, in a light blue with red and gold centered flower medallions. Very lightly lined and 100% lovely silk, I just never really got around to wearing it and realized that someone else would put it to better use. 3.15" inches (8 cm) wide by 59" long. Asking $85, including shipping CONUS.
For sale is a warm pile liner for Barbour jackets, size 38. I bought this for my Bedale, but realized that I needed the zip-in liner, and this is button-in. Very warm. Retails for $99. Asking $50 $40, including shipping CONUS.
For sale is a pair of black captoes made by Crockett & Jones for Brooks Brothers Peal & Co. I bought them from a fellow forumite, but unfortunately, they're just a smidge too big for me. I only wore them twice. Size 9.5 US. Come with dust bags, but not the shoe trees. Asking $225, including shipping CONUS.
Hey guys, for sale is a NWOT Isaia sport coat, Base L model. Size 38/40 (48 euro), with unfinished sleeves and double vents still basted shut (although the basting is coming loose in a couple spots). The jacket is a lovely light red with great depth thanks to it's 37% silk/30% wool/33% linen fabric. Complete with Isaia's prototypical Neapolitan features, such as a barchetta pocket and 3 roll 2 lapel. Partially lined, and probably best suited for spring/summer, consider...
Knee measurement added!