or Connect

Posts by Drew

My of-the-moment favorites are: Miller High Life Newcastle Goose Island Summertime Blue Moon Belgian White Boddington's Pilsner Urquell Best place to have a brew in the States hands-down is Toronado on Haight in San Francisco. Much of the Brother David's selection there can be found only there. The Pub in the basement of Ida Noyes Hall at University of Chicago is also quite good. Like anyone in any position of importance in Hyde Park, Victor the bartender holds a PhD,...
chocolate brown Mac & Jac cotton knit and suede zip-up cardigan black and argyle Ben Sherman Vintage polo Diesel Kulter jeans brown Martin Dingman pebbled leather belt earlier, brown Gordon Rush slip-ons, split toe now, black Banana Republic flip flops
Taken last weekend in Las Vegas:
Coldstone isn't what I'd call pretentious, although they're really good.
Quote: Quote: (VKK3450 @ May 13 2005,10:20) Quote: Originally Posted by ernest,May 12 2005,21:09 Quote: Originally Posted by alchimiste,May 13 2005,05:59 Quote: Originally Posted by ernest,May 13 2005,11:55 Waiters in Mc Donalds, don't have any tip. They are not waiters. They do the same job. No they don't. They are more like clerks in a shop. Waiters are there...
I used to teach Lindy Hop as well as DJ Jazz and Swing music. Club dancing is easy, the cardinal rule is don't overdo it. Listen for and follow the bass line. I wouldn't advise video. That's a sure-fire way to make yourself 10x more self-conscious than you would be otherwise, and needlessly. Nobody likes the way the look on film. If you want practice, I would always tell my students to listen to the music, because most people came into my classes having little to no...
Quote: Quote: (Nonk @ Jan. 24 2005,05:26) I am surprised that there is so much support for tats on the forum. I do not know about the attitudes in the US, but in the UK, despite their current popularity among the fashion conscious youth, and their tradition in the enlisted ranks of the military, they are generally associated with the lowest orders, and are not viewed as desirable or respectable, or with any admiration. They can also be very career...
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by Horace,Feb. 19 2005,01:01 Quote: Originally Posted by hopkins_student,Feb. 15 2005,08:36 Quote: Originally Posted by Horace,Feb. 15 2005,06:35 Though a full consideration of the effect would get us into a discussion of thorny economic issues which I am not equipped to debate, I don't mind paying considerably more for a pizza if the person who is delivering it makes a living...
Quote: Hockey is a BIG deal up here, and I am a fan. I actually prefer college hockey over the pros, but I am disappointed in the NHL's cancellation. I blame both sides, but place most on the shoulders of that puny little geek, Gary Bettman, the commissioner. He used to work for the NBA and thought he could bring what he learned there into the NHL. Several problems with that theory: 1. Hockey remains largely a regional sport. Outside the snowbelt I would wager...
Quote: Wow, that's a vigilant denny's employee to even notice that you were gone... most of the time, you could be dead on the ground and they wouldn't notice... much less serve you... Seriously.