or Connect

Posts by rpatrick

My two amps worth: Records: Lots of british 12" EP, single and LP imports from the 80s and 90s, with some jazz -- davis, brubeck, coleman, 60s samba-jazz System (open for pic) Turntable - Systemdek IIX with systemdek arm and Audio-Technica OC9 MC cartridge with: Herbies Audiolabs platter cover and weight/clamp - great value CD - ARCam Delta 170 Black box and DAC with: Herbies Grungebuster II cd ring Pre - Perreaux SM2 Class A Amp - Muse Audio - Muse 100 ...
Quote: Originally Posted by rpatrick Thanks Artisan Fan. Kronik, I love the speakers, though admittedly, I didn't audition any others really. Just read up on them and found a lot of good things said about the line and the company. I'm really an audiophile from a music lover's perspective. I love my music and want to hear it reproduced well. I don't really speak the audiophile lingo. That said, Dynaudio are a pretty special speaker...
Quote: Originally Posted by kronik I'm considering the Audience line or the Focus line for a primarily home theatre application with some musical use. Most likely, 5.1 with a SVS sub.. not sure yet on the power plant / processing. I want a MC207 but the likelihood of that in the next 5 years is pretty freaking slim so I'll probably end up with Arcam gear or a Denon receiver as my pre/pro with a respectable 7-chan; I also won't be opting for a CD...
Hi thanks, Wow, can't compete with your VPI. Beautiful. That's actually half the LP collection. Total of only about 350 - 400 or so. But to me their gold. I bought my gear -- except speakers -- in the used dept of a high-end audio store in Toronto a while ago. I have: Muse 100 SS amp (100 w) Perreaux (of New Zealand) Class A SM-2 pre-amp Systemdek IIX TT w/Audio Technica OC-9 MC (glass platter) ArCam Delta 180 CD w/transport Dynaudio Audience 50...
Here's a few of our Victorian in Toronto... http://picasaweb.google.com/doornume...ey=4okrpSDGS80
I have some -- or one, can't remember -- catalogue(s) from Beams/Ray Beams. Just BEAU-tiful stuff from all over the world. That was when the yen was 240=$1 CAD=$1.40US, ca. 1992. YIKES. Remember seeing some very cool ties there, but for some reason didn't buy anything. I have next week off, maybe I'll try to scan them or something.
1985 Honda Civic Hatchback - Victoria Red (dark orange metallic) 5spd God I loved that car, haha. So light, simple, agile and beautifully designed. It even had a choke, fer chrissakes. That body style 1984-87, is the nicest Civic they've ever made. I drove that car to the end baby, 234,000 kms on ONE clutch. Got rear ended/totalled in Ottawa on the 406 or whatever while visiting my GF, by some idiot in a rush hour traffic jam. He was in a Prelude no less. Some...
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta german is such an ugly language. Actually, it's one of the most closely related languages to English. Not that I think English is a beautiful language either. I'd love to know how to speak German. I love that accent, personally. Here's one version of the Indo-European language tree.
Hey, we own that! By "we" I mean the National Gallery in Ottawa. Oh I remember the HUGE kerfuffle when it paid something like $2 million for it about 15 years ago. Don't suppose it's worth a little more now? I like it by the way. One of my fave under-the radar artists is Bridget Riley, who does op-art. I've used one of her pieces as my avatar. Quote: Originally Posted by eg1 So, um, how long would you have to hang around to grok...
I'm just making one small point DarkNWorns. No need to condescend, but I'll bite (again). Performance wise, we're talking about value for money, and not all-out performance, I'm not sure which cars other than Ferraris and 911s, whose company you believe the S2000 doesn't belong in. The Z4's? Boxster's? Lotus? I'm a fan of any exciting car or marque period, not just Honda. I haven't actually owned a Honda in a number of years now.