or Connect

Posts by Roger Mellie

Bought this Yves Saint Laurent jacket. I am suspicious because of the low quality of the metal used for the zipper. Also, the labels on the inside have some Chinese company and writing which is obviously weird. The rest of the jacket seems to be of a very good quality including the material which feels like a very soft cashmere wool. Is this a Chinese high quality fake made for the Chinese market?? The labels would indicate that it might be. I can't see that Yves Saint...
Are these OK as a fit for regular fit denim? They are a German make called "Brax" and although they feel fitted around the waist and seat, they are loose everywhere below, and at the front this starts from the area near the fly. I have been wearing fitted jeans so I'm not used to seeing loose areas around the front of back of my jeans. The good thing about these is that despite being a straight leg I can also wear them with boots. I'm still considering whether to return...
Hi guys, I'm having trouble deciding between these chukka boots. The first one is "Frank Wright - Smith" and looks more casual and has a low heel, which I like as I am tall. The second one Is "Hudson - Viking" and seems less casual to me. One issue is that I don't know whether the darker colour on the sole of the first boot makes it look too casual to go with chinos or other trousers? Also, can boots with this slim a profile really be worn with bootcut jeans? I...
Quote: Originally Posted by CanuckBassist Just remember that the Asian Uniqlos are shorter in the sleeves and probably the body as well. For some reason I have found all Uniqlo t-shirts and Polo shirts to be longer in the body this year in the stores in London. The Polo shirts are a perfect fit in medium and I'm 6ft 5. I also tried on the premium cotton t-shirts (not as long in the body, but just OK) and some other cheaper t-shirts. The short...
Quote: Originally Posted by mispoke hey guys, any ideas about shorts for the summer? or swimming trunks? Are you asking about what not to wear? I would give my right arm to be able to wear shorts, but my skinny legs just don't make it possible. It's not so much the calf muscle which is around 14.5 inches around, but it's the long skinny bit below the calf muscle going down to the ankle. If only it was fashionable to wear shorts with socks....
What do people think of this colour? I want it to go with my desert boots which are a camel colour. First of all will it go? Secondly, does this look like a natural spring colour, or is there something artificial about it? I usually hate beige, but I tried a nice beige short sleeved shirt on and am not sure what colour to go for? The problem with the beige shirt is I have to fold the sleeves up a couple of times until it looks like it is fitted well. I don't want...
These Lacoste plimsolls. The leather actually looks like leather so that makes me want them. Does the bright blue make them atrocious or not? I just Can't make my mind up.
Yes, me again. I am thinking of buying these Lacoste Albany sneakers because the leather actually looks like leather. Any opinions on the blue stripe? Too bright, or tacky?
Can anyone advise me on sneakers? I have big fairly big feet (I'm a UK size 12) and for that reason have been thinking of black sneakers. I would like to go with something brighter, but my reasons for wanting black are that it will stop my feet looking big, and will go with other colours more easily. I am on the lean side and tend to wear jeans that look fitted. Anyway, I have been thinking of Stan Smiths, but I don't know if the plain black ones are most commonly worn or...
Quote: Originally Posted by boxdiver I've used Anthony eye cream and for me...it doesn't work, even being consistent. I put it on before bed and in the morning, still nothing. I average 8-10 hours of sleep every night too, so sleep isn't the issue. I lift weights 3x/week, run 3x/week, and eat healthier than any person I've known. If I was 50 years old I'd accept it, but I'm 27. I literally looks like I'm exhausted all of the time...and have even been...