or Connect

Posts by Joseph K. Bank

Quote: Originally Posted by Cordovan I agree with your remark about the sleeves on the jacket the model is wearing, but don't see how that has anything to do with your position regarding DB as acceptable business wear. Cordovan I was just trying to express that perhaps it is not appropriate for me to respond in this thread in the first place because of my overall negative opinion on double breasted suits.
Quote: Originally Posted by poelow This attached Brooks Brother's Regent fit is one I really like: Since I don't feel that double breasted suits are appropriate for business environments it's probably better that I don't comment but I cannot help to note that the shortness of this man's sleeves brings attention to his hands which seem to be out of proportion which the rest of his body.
Quote: Originally Posted by shoe how did this topic ever became a multiple page thread ?? I think it's because many of the members here have the entrepreneurial spirit.
Since I lost my job over five months ago I feel as if I have less confidence to express many of my opinions.
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I am curious about your uniform. Are you sure it is correct to call it a uniform if you are the only employee? I thought the word uniform implies a garment that is identical in fundamental appearance across the many people wearing it. With only one employee, your dress would really be more correctly termed a logo for or, generically, a symbol of your enterprise. I am open to the possibility that I am mistaken and that...
(please excuse me)
(please excuse me)
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Why would it be improper to change the lyrics without permission of the artist? I feel that out of respect for the artist's personal vision permission should be asked before making changes to their lyrics as it could change the meaning which they intended.
I have always day dreamed about having a live band to perform the song Lady In Red but with the word white in place of red. I do feel that it might be improper to change the lyrics without the permission of the artist who wrote the song so maybe I should start now in trying to contact them.
Quote: Originally Posted by dsholmes1 boiled peanuts are freakin delish. I bought my first watch with earnings from selling boiled peanuts. Go for it. Thank you for your encouragement and also to England who seems to understand the concept of my business model which also includes specific packaging and a uniform which I would wear. May I ask if when you were selling boiled peanuts if you had encountered any potential customers or pedestrians...